11.19.2012

Day 546

Alright, exciting day!

I was so close to making really good eggs over easy today.  So very close.  But when I went to flip them, one of the eggs broke.  Gah!  I think I just need to start using two spatulas or something.  This is getting silly.  I mean, it's been almost a full week and I haven't mastered eggs-over-easy?  Nonsense.  I'll have to go back to oatmeal and get my self confidence up again.

I got on campus a bit early to work on some homework.  I worked with Timbo and the assignment only took us maybe an hour or so?  It wasn't too bad at all.

Let's see... in between classes I went to go talk with one of the math professors about taking an elective.  The class is called Operations Research, and it's basically looking at various topics (like route-making, scheduling, etc.) and mathematically analyzing systems of linear equations in search of optimal routes.  It sounds really interesting and I would like to take it, but as I told the professor, I don't want to jeopardize MFE for a class that is not required to graduate.  But on the other hand... it sounds really fun.  I know one of the students who took it last year, so I'm going to ask him if I see him soon.

Also in between classes I ran into Mr. Owens (figuratively).  I showed him my Excel project and he seemed to really like it.  Part of my reasoning for probably putting way too much time into it was (besides the fact that I was having way too much fun with it) that some companies like to see a sample of your work, and I figured this would be really good to send them if anyone ever asked.

After class I came home.  It was actually really nice outside today.  We weren't super hungry, so I spent some time writing and replying to emails.  Then we made tacos for dinner!  They were really good.  After dinner I caught up on some more emails.  I also took a look at some documents Mr. Owens sent me.

Tomorrow is going to be a pretty fully day, I think.  After I'm done teaching I have a lot of grading to do, so I'll be taking that with me to school tomorrow. Woo!  Good night for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment