11.05.2012

Day 531

It seems that every day I go to bed later and later... but somehow I just don't feel like going to bed.  Everything is infinitely (not really, but largely) more interesting than sleeping.  If I could still function normally without sleeping, I would absolutely do it.  But I need sleep to function and do well in work and school, so I sleep.

Kimmy had to work all day today, so after we got some breakfast she went off to work, then I went to church with Jessie and Richard.  Today's sermon was about praying boldly, not just out of desperation ("well, I did everything else so I guess I'll pray now") or without expecting a response.  And he was right... there's no reason to pray if you aren't expecting results.

After church we went to lunch.  We talked about school and work and the races that Jessie and Richard ran on Saturday.  They both did very well, so I was happy for them.  They're trying to get me to do a race in December... but we'll see how that goes.  If it's after finals then I'll probably do it.  I need some exercise besides walking to class.

When I got home I studied for my test tomorrow.  Mostly I gathered formulas and worked through the practice exam.  Tomorrow I'm going to do the same thing, as well as work through some homework problems.

Kimmy came home for her break around 3.  So she got some food and we talked about her first half of the day. After she went back to work I studied some more, then moved on to grading.  I finished all of the grading!  Well, for this week.  There's always more grading to be done.

For dinner I made hamburgers and chips.  Kimmy and I have been experimenting with making potato chips, so this time I used two ideas that she suggested: use parchment paper (instead of cooking spray) and use the vegetable peeler to slice the potatoes really thin (instead of a knife).


I'd say they turned out well.  And they tasted really good.  So I'm sure we'll be trying this again.  We've just been sprinkling them with garlic salt and cheese, then putting it in the oven for about 20 minutes.  At some point we want to look for some sort of dried cheese powder to put on them, because the cheese tends to melt the chips together.  We'll see.

After dinner I put all the grades on Blackboard, then did some statistics on the grades.  I decided that I wanted to compare the average in the class versus the average if I exclude everyone who did not turn various assignments.  I prefer to do averages that way because I think it gives a truer show of how the class is doing.  Of course the class average on an assignment will be much lower if 25% of them didn't do it.  They're doing fine in the class, regardless of which average I use.  A lot of them struggled on the last test, but they're all still doing fine.  Provided that they actually turn in the assignments....

Ok.  I have a test tomorrow and might try to get a haircut.. but we'll see about that.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment