11.27.2012

Day 553

Well, back to school we go.  Just three more weeks... and then I get to start studying for MFE!

I started the morning off with a few hours of homework and studying.  I really don't mind starting my day off that way... it helps me stay motivated and productive throughout the day.  Then I got some lunch and went to class.

Classes were fine.  During Dr. Foley's class we started talking about simulation, which is essentially an experimental way of generating probabilities and statistics (instead of just using theory).  It's pretty interesting stuff, so I'm excited to see what we talk about.

During the classic Atrium time we had a nice little discussion about the 90s... and how I'm really not too fond of them.  Most of my friends think I'm nuts, but really I felt like the 90s culture was just unimportant, I guess.  Obviously this is a biased view because I was a child and wasn't raised by a TV (like most of my friends were, it seems), but my perceptions of 90s culture is that they were trying to keep the crazy trends from the 70s and 80s, but there was no purpose for the trends.  Again, I'm not a sociologist and I wasn't even alive during those times.  But during the civil rights movement people did crazy things to give a recognizable attribute to an idea... much like highlighting something you need to remember.  The 90s tried to modernize the proverbial highlighter... and then highlighted something mundane, like the page numbers.  The economy was good, so I guess people were celebrating by becoming more materially oriented.  It just seems that the things in 90s media are just trying to get excited but there's no real focus for the excitement.  That's just my un-educated perspective.  And 90s fashion was bad.  

Look me in the eye and say these were a good idea:



My soul just hurts now after looking at these.

Anyhow.  When I got back from class I got some food, then went back to studying.  I wrote up some formulas that I need for my next test and emailed them to my friends in the class.  I was pretty excited when I learned some shortcuts (actually, I lot of shortcuts) for using Microsoft Word's Equation Editor.  It's so much easier than having to click on every individual button to do things.

So yeah.  I studied for a while, did some dishes, did more dishes... then Kimmy came home from work!  And life was good again.  We celebrated by eating ice cream.

And now I'm going to bed.  Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment