11.12.2012

Day 538

Pow.

How was that for an exciting start?

I had a bit of a slow start to the day.  It was nice to get plenty of rest, but driving so much just took it out of me, it seems.  But eventually I was able to get moving enough to get some food and shower, then Kimmy and I went off to church.

Pastor Mark talked about an interesting point today.  He's been discussing being bold for the past couple of weeks.  And he made that point that some people are too politically correct and too worried about being offensive... but that we shouldn't let anything stop us from speaking the the gospel.  While I don't disagree, I also don't believe it's that simple.  God is a very touchy subject to a lot of people and, while I don't suggest anything be sugar-coated, I also don't think it's the best idea to simply jump into the world and start shouting on the street corner.  It's very easy to say the wrong thing at the wrong time, resulting in people being unwilling to listen again.  As with any area of life, I think it's very important to understand the people around you and your environment, then speak at the appropriate time.  I would hate for someone to stop listening to me or taking me seriously because I seemed pushy or over-the-top.

After church Kimmy and I came home, at lunch, then went grocery shopping.  It was pretty standard.  When we were done I did homework for the rest of the afternoon.  Then we met Jessie and Richard for dinner at Pizza Hut.  It was quite good.

When we got home I finished up homework, then Kimmy and I did some laundry and other chores.  Then I took a break for a while, followed by some preparation for my lesson on Tuesday.

And now I'm off to bed.  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment