2.22.2012

Day 275

I did not want to get up this morning.  There was not a single part of me that had any desire to do anything but go back to sleep.  But somehow I managed to get up and go to class.  It was not easy.  I was running really late, but somehow made it to class by 8, even though I didn't leave my apartment until about 7:47 (and it normally takes a solid 20 minutes to get from my apartment to my classroom).


Investments...happened.  I've come to realize that this is basically a "history of investment strategies" course.  We started off with the old "Markowitz theory" method, which we just did a project on.  Next up in the CAPM model, which we're going to talk about next.  But neither of those are used anymore, as the current method of evaluation is the Black-Scholes formula (which I will be using in one of my upcoming actuarial exams).


In between classes I got some coffee and tried to study for probability.  After spring break I'm going to begin really studying for my exam.  Yup, we'll get there.  In the mean time, I'm glad that I did well on last week's probability quiz... because I know I didn't do well on today's quiz.  There were 2 out of the 10 that I really had no clue how to do.  1 of those I didn't even know what to write down or where to start... so I just picked an answer that seemed like it could be right.  I have no idea.


After class I had lunch, then went up to the computer lab to work on investments with Timbo.  We got that finished, then went over to the library to work through the practice life con exam with Dustin.  We worked through most of that.  I only have 1 question for him tomorrow, but I might have done it correctly?  We'll see.


Oh!  I finally got something to grade.  I believe that this is my first assignment of the month.  But no complaints will be issued...it's been amazing.


When I got back from that I... don't really remember what I did.  I'm sure it was really important though?  Huh.  Oh well.


After dinner I worked on some homework with Kathryn.  And now I'm going to go to bed.  And hope that I can get up early enough in the morning to make eggs.  We'll see.


Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment