2.16.2012

Day 267

And now it is time for my daily summary.


This morning I went to the computer lab and worked on my life con quiz.  When I finished with that, I took a look at some of the homework questions, trying to make sense of them.  That didn't go so well, so I planned some questions to ask Dr. Foley in class.


During class he started going over the homework questions, but didn't get to finish.  So we're going to finish going over them tomorrow and have the quiz on Monday (instead of tomorrow).


After class I had some lunch then went back to the computer lab.  I talked with Dustin and David about some of the homework questions, then spent the next couple hours looking for and applying to summer internships.  I really don't even know where they were located, I just started googling things and applying to different places, hoping for something.  I got one email back saying that the position had been filled, and another asking for my resume and answers to a few questions.  One of the sites I found gave a complimentary resume examination.  I got an email back a few hours later and it was very obvious that it had not been read by an actual person, just by an automated service.  The email was way too long for someone to have written it, and some of the advice made no sense.  Oh well.


There was an on-campus career fair today.  I went to it for a little bit.  The main goal was to talk with the people from Indiana Bureau of Insurance, which I did.  The lady with whom I talked seemed interested in talking with me some more about the internship program, but the interview slots were full for tomorrow.  So she asked the I email her a reminder that I'm interested.  I plan on doing that and offering to go to Indianapolis to talk about internships.  I've even considered offering to just volunteer or work for minimal expenses.  I just really want the experience.  I'd take minimum wage... I could live on that even if I had to drive to Indy every day.  Meh.  We'll see how it goes.  I talked with a few other companies that I'll email tomorrow, just a reminder of "Hey, I talked with you!" type of thing.  We'll see how it goes.


When I got back I realized that I could be a good student and study for something.  Or I could be a human being and just chill out.  I decided to be a human being.  It was fantastic.


And now it's just about time for bed.  Have a good night, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment