2.12.2012

Day 265

Well.  Back to school tomorrow.


This morning I got up, ate breakfast, showered, and went to church.  Kimmy didn't sleep well last night, so she stayed and slept.  Church was good.  Pastor Craig talked about the gospel of Mark and about who Mark was.  I really liked that.  He also talked about Francis of Assisi, who is one of my favorite figures from the early church.  From reading that I have done on him, he was a pro at showing love through his character and deeds.  Which I believe we could all do better.  So it's nice to have a good example.


I ran into Kyle Collette after church.  He's working on his MBA right now. We only talked for the 50 or so feet out of the sanctuary, but I haven't talked with him since high school, so it was good to catch up.  And yes, for men that is satisfactory "catching up."


When I got home I got Kimmy up and we had lunch with mom and dad.  Then dad went to some soccer thing he's been putting on for local kids or something. Kimmy worked on her art project, mom and I talked for a while.  Then it was time to go.  Boo.  So we packed up, said good bye, and went out separate ways.


The drive was pretty boring as always.  I stopped at a gas station to fill up and get something to drink.  I was standing at the drinks for a really long time and the guy at the counter asked if I was ok.  He probably thought I was trying to steal something.  In reality I was trying to figure out which size of drink was the best deal.  But for some reason my math wasn't working out with my mental approximation, so it was taking me a while to make a decision.  But I did eventually make a choice and got back on the road.


On the way back I stopped by Aldi and Marsh to do my grocery shopping.  I might start going to Marsh to get my produce, since it's near Aldi.  The only issue is that the apples are way cheaper at Meijer.  I can get a bag of 10 gala apples at Meijer for $2.50.  But at Marsh they charge $2.50 for a pound of apples.  And all the apples were really big, so I spent about $5 for 5 apples.  I was not amused.  These had better be the best apples I've ever had.... After grocery shopping I stopped by Kathryn's apartment to make sure she was still alive, as she is taking FM tomorrow.


When I got back to my apartment I put groceries away, heated up the rest of my stir fry for dinner, and ceased any amount of productivity.  I played TF2 with Miles for a while.  Then I talked with some people on Facebook.  Now I'm going to bed!  So.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment