2.13.2012

Day 266

So today.  I got a little bit of a late start, but still made it to class on time.  I missed the shuttle in the parking lot and it was cold.  But I survived.  We did some stuff in investment.  Yup!


During Atrium time we discussed Tim and Timbo's upcoming exams (Thursday and Saturday).  Dustin is probably going to start studying for MLC in the near future.  That's not going to be fun at all.


During life con we talked more about the multiple decrements model.  We have a couple assignments on Friday.  Bleh.  I need to work on that after my probability quiz on Wednesday.


After class I came back, got some lunch, and played a game for a while.  Kimmy got me a new game so I figured I should give it a shot.  It's pretty fun. Then I did some probability.  I also had an apple as a snack.  It was really good, but I don't know that it was worth $1.25.


I did have a bit of an interesting afternoon.  I decided to update my resume to include my passed exam and email it to CNO.  I had just finished updating it and composing my email when I received a new email.  I figured I should see what it was.  It was from CNO!  What good timing!  But, as I expected, it was another rejection email.  Shoot.  A couple hours later I got a call from an unknown number.  I didn't catch the lady's name or company, but she said that I had applied to this place a couple years ago and they wanted to see if I was still interested.  As she kept talking, I realized that it was Youthworks, an organization that hosts week long mission trips for junior high and high school students.  So I talked with her for a while and everything seemed awesome!  Until she told me the dates: May 21 - August 7.  I mentioned that there was just an ever so slight issue... I couldn't really work in August.  It turns out that this is quite a big issue.  Long story short, I will not be working for Youthworks this summer.  Bummer.


Kathryn eventually texted me to inform me that her test had not gone so well.  So I went over to her apartment to keep her company for a while.  I could only imagine how miserable she was feeling, so I figured I would see if I could make the situation better at all.  We ended up watching soccer for a while, then funny youtube videos.  Then we got some dinner at Scotty's, which is a sports bar and grill near campus.  I had the most fantastic* hamburger.  Instead of a bun it was a soft pretzel.  And the burger was coated with cheese and had fried onion rings on top.  And the fries had cheese and bacon and sour cream on it.  It was amazing and a half.


*The most fantastic hamburger is, of course, a 2X2 animal style from In-n-Out. the second most fantastic hamburger is the Garbage burger from Max and Erma's.  But this one was certainly in the top ten.


When I got home I opted to not be productive.  And I was happy with my decision.  And now I'm going to bed.  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment