8.01.2011

Day 70

I woke up this morning around 8:30 or so.  I believe.  I'm not entirely certain.  But I felt considerably better.  After my normal mornings routine of coughing and blowing my nose and all that goodness I was feeling quite alright.  I could even talk again!  Woo!  I was pretty excited.

Amber and Jessie made breakfast of pancakes, sausage, and bacon.  It was tasty.  After everyone took their turn showering we packed up and went to the farmer's market where Jessie and Amber did some of their grocery shopping.  There was a guy there who did a food making demonstration.  And he gave out free samples!  It was some sort of yummy pasta salad thing.  When they'd gotten all their things we went to some super special gas station that had a sub place where we got lunch.  They had touch screen menus, then you got a receipt and they would call your number when it was ready! It was neat.

Then Jessie and Richard and I headed home!  It was pretty uneventful.  We talked some, we didn't talk some.  Richard and I talked about computers, Jessie and Richard talked about the Office, we all talked about the death penalty.  We stopped to get gas, then use the restroom (and Richard and I got some Taco Bell).  When we got home mom and dad had made hamburgers and oven fries for dinner!  They were tasty!

After dinner Jessie and Richard went home.  Mom, dad and I sat outside for a while.  We talked about dad's soccer team, Words with Friends, and my financial situation next year.  I had been talking with Richard about out graduate assistantships next year, and we reasoned that we probably won't be receiving our stipend like a paycheck.  It will probably be just one lump sum at some point in the semester.  So we talked about various options for that and everything.  I got an email from the head of the actuarial department over the weekend.  He would like me to teach one of the undergrad math classes as part of my assistantship.  It wasn't my first pick, but he seemed like he really wanted me to do it so I thought it would be in all of our best interests if I agreed to it.  In the personal statement I sent Ball State (as part of my application for the assistantship) I talked about how much experience I have tutoring and teaching.  Additionally both my references had seen me teach and discussed my teaching abilities.  So the department head (Dr. Fischer) said that it "would be an excellent match."  I'm just appreciative to be getting this assistantship... I didn't really care what I was going to be doing.  So I'm sure that teaching will be great!  I don't know what class I'll be teaching yet, but I'll find out after the schedules get finalized.

Anyhow, after talking with parents I just kind of hung around until now!  And now it is bed time.  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment