8.21.2011

Day 92

Today was a bit of a day.  I got a decent amount of sleep last night, so that was nice.  I got up, ate, showered, then went to church.  The Vandekoppels and Churches were in their usual spot and they were all surprised to see me.  So I explained that I had to pick up Pegasus and get my passport (so I can start getting paid).


After church I came home and played a game on my phone until mom and dad got back from church/shopping.  We had chicken minestrone for lunch.  It was pretty good.  When we finished with lunch I got all of my things packed up and we all went over to go see the grandparents!  Poppy is doing better.  He had some excitement last week and had to stay in the hospital for a few days, but he's finally back and recovering.  For this we are all grateful.  I wasn't able to stay very long because I needed to get back to school, do some grocery shopping, and finish planning my lessons for the week.  So I left a little before 3, stopped to get gas, and headed back to school!


The trip was mostly uneventful.  About halfway back my gas pedal started being dumb again... so apparently the mechanic didn't actually fix the problem.  Thankfully it's still under warranty, but it's just annoying because the closest Kia dealership that I've found is in Indianapolis... blech.  But I'll deal with it for now.  It's nothing too serious.  I also almost got hit by someone.  I was driving through some little town north of Muncie and there were two cars next to me.  The one in front got in front of me and entered the left turn lane.  Apparently the car directly next to me was following the first car and also decided to get over right then.  It just so happens that driving lanes are not two cars wide... and the other driver did not seem to be privy to this information.  So I stopped very abruptly to avoid a wreck.  Hopefully he got where he was going...


I stopped at Aldi's on the way back to my apartment.  I was about to look it up on my GPS when it was just right there!  So that was fortunate.  That was productive and eventful.  In the future I need to find a different place to get produce, but this will do for now.  If I'm in town this Saturday morning I'll go to the farmer's market.


When I got back I put my groceries away, got a quick dinner, then started making my lunch for tomorrow.  I'm going to try eating mostly salads, so I cooked my remaining chicken breast, seasoned it, cut it up, and plan to put it on my salads this week, along with some other vegetables and things.  We'll see how this goes.  After I'd finished and was organizing my room, Jessie and Richard invited me to go get ice cream.  So I went, and it was tasty.  Apparently Ritter's has a 25% discount for Ball State students right now.  That was nice of them.  So we had ice cream and it was fun.  Richard told me about his exciting weekend doing various things with his department, then we just exchanged various college/professor stories.  So that was good.


After we got back from ice cream some of my neighbors were sitting outside talking.  I'd hung out with them on a previous night, so I decided to sit and talk with them for a while.  They're pretty nice.  We just talked about everything and nothing... but mostly nothing.  Just classes, school in general, the apartments, various exciting adventures, how they were going to get the kool-aid stain off the floor... things of that nature.  Eventually I had to go be responsible and finish my lesson plan.  I bid them adieu and wished them well until next time.  Then I came back and finished my lesson plan.  Oh, and I moved my laundry.  Which was exciting, because apparently our dryer doesn't work.  So... yay. I have wet clothes hanging up all over our laundry room now.  Andre or I will call the repair guy tomorrow.  Tomorrow will be an exciting day, for certain.  First day of class...woo!  And I need to get a parking pass.  And make a Powerpoint for my class on Tuesday.  And probably do homework for Tuesday.  We'll see how this first day of grad school goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment