8.06.2011

Day 75

So.  Yesterday was fun.  I had a haircut in the morning, so now I don't look like a monster.  I like going to the barber, but I never really know what to say.  Usually we end up having lots of silence, which is fine with me.  They have a TV playing sports, but I've never been super interested in that... so he tries to make conversation off of what's going on in the game or highlights but since I don't follow sports I can't really contribute.  Which doesn't specifically bother me... he can talk about whatever he wants.  But when he asks me a question I have no way of responding.  Oh well.  When I was about finished this guy came in who was... very strong in his opinions.  And by that I mean spouting out racist comments.  So my barber just kinda looked at each other awkwardly.  So I said to my barber "I bet you get all sorts of opinions in here."  He said that he did.  Clearly he was not a fan of all those opinions.  Oh well.  So I paid him and left.  He always seems very appreciative when I tip him.  So did my barber in Mount Vernon.  Last time I went to Swanson's (my Findlay barber) he said that a lot of the older men tend not to tip.  And since that's a lot of their business, I guess they don't get tips very often.  Oh well, glad I can help a little bit.


When I got home I made lunch.  I had tuna salad.  I don't remember what all I put in it, but it was good.  I think there was some mayonnaise, pickle relish, garlic salt, minced onions... maybe something else.  I was going to put celery seed in it but it didn't smell as good as I wanted it to. But it was really good.


Um... after lunch I just kinda lazed around.  Watched youtube videos.  Pretended to clean my room (I didn't really).  Then I started making dinner!  I made a chicken and pasta dish.  It was really good.  I cooked pasta, then added some summer squash and zucchini I had cut up.  I cut the chicken into thin slices and put in in the skillet with oil and lemon pepper seasoning.  Then for a sauce I combined chicken bouillon, milk, corn starch, salt, and lemon pepper seasoning.  It turned out really well.  I didn't have about half the ingredients the recipe called for... so I improvised!  I felt like such a real chef :)


After dinner dad went to soccer practice.  He has a coach for the JV team now! Yay!  Mom got home a little after dad left.  After she ate I showed her how to change some stuff on her phone that had been confusing.  I added some ringtones for her.


Dad got home shortly thereafter.  Around 8:30 I went to Becky's to make puppy chow!  It was fun.  The silly recipe wanted us to make it in the microwave, but obviously the stove is the proper way to melt chocolate.  While we were putting all the ingredients away I was thinking about how good the chocolate and peanut butter tastes in puppy chow.  It was at that moment that I spotted a box of chocolate-y cereal in Becky's pantry.  So I experimented: a spoon full of peanut butter dipped into the cereal.  Oh my word, so much goodness.  It was all that I wanted and more.  Anyways, we just sat around and talked and played rock band for a while.  It was fun.  And then it was night time!

No comments:

Post a Comment