8.03.2011

Day 73

I woke up this morning at 10.  I felt quite rested.  Useless, but rested.  Sleeping in has always kind of bothered me.  I feel like I'm wasting day.  I know that I'm up for 16 or so hours regardless of when they are, but the whole daylight thing plays into my head.  Once it's dark outside, it's harder for me to be motivated to do anything.  It's easy to work when it's light outside.


Anyhow, after breakfast I replaced one of the screens in mom and dad's bedroom.  After I stopped being stupid it went well.  I forgot which sides I had lined up before I put the edging stuff in.  Silly me.  So after many distractions from a game I've been playing on my phone I was done and had another screen done.


I'm quite ready for this sinus congestion to go away.  I feel a lot better, but it's still there.  It's in my head and it makes me disoriented.  Concentration and focusing are very difficult.  I lose track of time easily and get lost in repetitive mundane tasks.  It's very frustrating and I hope I'm over it soon.  It just feels like there is...not a fog, just a small mist.  Like a vapor that you can't see, but you can feel.  You know it's there and it puts you on edge, keeps you from thinking clearly.


I had lunch.  Leftover chicken and pasta from the other night.  After lunch I took a shower and put some laundry away.  Then mom came home and I talked with her while she made dinner.  She made baked potatoes and pulled pork. It was really good.  After dad went to soccer, mom and I tried to think of things I need before school.  Cooking things, spices, clothes.  I think I'm going to go get some pants Friday or Saturday morning.  Yup.  I also learned that there is a Grooveshark app for Android which works nicely, so I don't need to worry about actually putting music on my phone.  Yay!


I went over to Becky's this evening.  Tomorrow is the last day she's babysitting so she's doing something special for the kids.  She wanted to make a pirate themed scavenger hunt for them.  So when I got over we covered balloons with papier-mâché to make a piñata for the kids.  We'll see how that goes.  After we were done Miles came over and we went to Wal-mart so Becky could get stuff to make butter beer, which is like root beer but with ice cream and butter.  And Miles got dinner.  So we got back, Miles made dinner, Becky made butter beer, and I played words with friends to stay out of the way.  When they were done we tried to make a mast outside for a ship.  That went well.  We hung a sheet in a tree and put the inflatable wading pool underneath.  Miles kicked a branch at me... I wasn't expecting it.  But I survived because of my ninja reflexes.  Then... Becky made a map, Miles and I filled up water balloons... we burned the edges of the map to make it authentic... and then I was tired.  So I came home!  And here I am.  Going to bed.  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment