8.13.2011

Day 82

Today started out well.  I got up around 9-ish and had a wonderful pop tart with peanut butter.  Crunchy peanut butter, of course.  After breakfast I showered.  Then mom and I went to the Kia dealership so they could look at my car.  I've been having troubles with the gas peddle.  It feels kinda like it's getting stuck on something.  It still works fine, you just have to press it past a certain point before it actually does anything.  It sounds a lot worse than it actually is.  Anyhow, the part isn't going to be in until Wednesday, so I'm going to take mom and dad's car to school next week and they're going to get Pegasus fixed.  Then I'll come home next weekend to get him.


I went to lunch with Becky at Chipotle.  That was a lot of fun.  We didn't have the normal awkward "how are you?" "good, how are you?" that always makes me feel so weird.  I've just always felt like those are obligatory questions that people (including myself) ask because we don't know what else to say.  But no one seems to take them seriously.  No, Becky and I just started talking about whatever came to mind.  And it was fun.  I never asked what she was doing that day and she never asked what I was doing.  It all just came out in conversation. I felt like I was actually holding a real conversation without weird fillers.  It was excellent!


After lunch I went to mama and poppy's.  Mama tailored some of my shirts so I needed to try them on to make sure they fit.  When I went over the first time (Tuesday, I believe) I don't think I had the top button buttoned.  So...that threw things off.  But she was able to fix the first one while I was there and will have the others done shortly.  Poppy and I played a game of canasta.  He beat me pretty soundly.


When I got home I made some frozen chicken and pasta thing for dinner.  It was good.  Mom had to work tonight so dad and I were on our own... and I didn't get back early enough to think of something to make for dinner.  After dad went to soccer practice, I played Just Cause and packed.  It was all sorts of exciting.


Around 8:30 I went over to Becky's to hang out with Becky and Miles.  Eventually Mile's littler sister Ellie and her friend Emily came over as well.  That was fun.  Nothing too exciting happened.  We played Rock Band for a while.  Then we got Taco Bell.  And just sat around and talked. Then we all went home.  I was not happy.  I don't like saying good bye to my friends... I feel like someone is going to die and I'll never see them again.  I think it's finally starting to sink in that I'm going off to school again... and this is could be the last time that Findlay is really home for me.  In a sense it always will be, but after school I'll hopefully be getting a job shortly after graduation... so I might be moving away someplace and not move back to Findlay.  So I won't really get to see my Findlay friends, and that makes me sad.  Blah.  I hate good byes and I'm really bad at them.  All my friends just need to move with me.  Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment