8.31.2011

Day 101

Oh goodness.  What a day.


It started off like most others.  I was running a little bit late but got to math finance on time.  Between classes I went to the post office to send the book that I sold on half.com.  I had a little bit of trouble finding it but someone at a help counter was able to help me out.  So I got my book sent off!  It seems that the estimated weight on Amazon was low so I had to pay for a little extra postage (I used the pre-paid Paypal postage).  I didn't care... I just wanted to get rid of the stupid book.  Life contingencies went well.  Just learning more notation and equations.


So then... I had to teach.  That didn't go so well.  Apparently the homework I assigned for them to do over the weekend took them all 3 -4 hours.  In their defense it was a long assignment.  And I hadn't gotten a chance to finish everything that I had planned on doing.  I felt really bad, but some of them weren't really helping any.  I guess they seem to think I know what I'm doing.  I don't.  So we just spent the period going over homework problems...which was not at all how I had planned on doing things.  So after class a couple of the guys came up to me and just said that I was doing a fine job and to ignore the trouble kids....that the kids who kept complaining just wanted a free hand out.  And they both gave me a hug.  I felt better :)  But I think I'm just going to have to start doing more examples.  And assign slightly shorter assignments.  Over lunch I reworked the schedule for Thursday.  I think it should be better.


After lunch I went to go work out.  I felt better after that.  Then I came back, took a shower, and started doing some grading.  I decided to just do this assignment on completion since so many of them had a hard time with it...and since I didn't go over all of it in class.  I guess I really shouldn't have the same expectations for my students that my math professors had for me.  That really isn't fair.  It's just difficult for me to determine how hard everything is for them.  Anyhow, that's all over.  And working out went well.  I focused on chest today.  I'm starting to like working my chest muscles out more, now that I know what I'm doing and have some sort of routine.


When I got back to my apartment I showered and started grading homework.  Then I began planning my lesson for next week.  I think that I'm going to start doing more of my lesson work on the weekends and more homework during the week.  We'll see how that goes.  I haven't been here for a weekend yet so I don't know what they will be like.


I made meatloaf for dinner.  And au gratin potatoes.  The box mix for the potatoes seemed to not make very many... oh well.  The meatloaf will be dinner for two more nights and the potatoes will last me one more night.  I seasoned the meatloaf with green onion and chili spice.  It's really good.


After dinner I did some homework, then Erica and I went to Tim's small group. Well, it's not really his small group but he was the only person I knew besides Erica.  I liked the people there.  I felt a little out of place at first because everyone seemed to be in their late twenties and was married or had a kid.  Except for me.  And I really don't like meeting new people.  I have no idea how I've made it this far in life... Well I do.  But that doesn't change the fact that I don't like meeting new people.  But it was fun.  We just socialized for a while then began discussing what content to go over during the course of the study. I think we're going to do a book... and see how that goes?  I had to leave at 9 to go study more.


Before continuing studying Erica and I decided to go cheer Kathryn up because she'd had a bad day.  So we brought ice cream sandwiches and flowers and surprised her at her apartment.  I don't think she knew what to do.  But she was very excited to see us.  And ice cream and flowers.  I honestly think that just about everyone would feel better if someone brought them ice cream and flowers.  Even most guys would feel better.  You can't receive flowers and scoff at them.  They're flowers.  Everyone likes them.  Anyhow, after that quick side trip it was back to studying.  I'm so over proofs.  I do not like them.  I just want to apply the proofs that someone else has done.  I'm good at that.


Oh well.  I'm tired and rambling.  Until next time: good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment