11.02.2011

Day 164

Tuesday is completed.  Woo hoo.


It started a bit unexpectedly.  I spent the first half hour of being awake corresponding with a student via email to answer some questions before today's exam.  I told them all that they could email me before 6:30am today and I would answer their questions.  And she emailed me at 1:40 am.  So gave her the best response that I could.  She said it helped.


After that I went to finance.  We talked about some....stuff.  Starting tomorrow night I'm going to really have to get cracking on finance.  I've just been focusing so much of life contingencies that I haven't had time to spend as much as I need to.  So after my stats test tomorrow (Wednesday) I'm going to start studying for finance.  Bleh... I don't want to have a test tomorrow.


Anyhow, after finance we had life contingencies.  We started with a few warm up exercises.  I felt really good that I knew how to do them really quickly.  After that we started looking at making profit on insurance policies and how to view the expected value of multiple insurance payouts and such.  So that was neat.


Then... the test.  Oh the lovely test.  No one cried during it, so that was good.  But after I started looking at them...well... I need to finish grading them.  Then we'll see how things go.  Some of my students did dress up, though.  They had some good costumes.


After class I came back to my apartment, had lunch, did some cleaning, then started working on stats.  That class is really frustrating me.  I feel like I get the basic concepts, but it's very difficult for me to put as much time into it as I do my other classes because a) I only have finite time and concentration and b) my other classes are much more practical to my field and the actuarial exams.  So I try to get through the homework, but it doesn't feel like it prepares me for the exams.  And neither do the lectures.  And our professor doesn't really even know why we have to take this class because she fully admits that it's not designed to prepare us for exam P.  And on top of that, unlike most of the people in my program, I don't have a stats background.  So most of them have had a majority of this before... I've had only a tiny bit of it.  It's been tough and it's very frustrating.  So we'll see how the exam tomorrow goes.  I'd much rather just focus on studying for finance....


Timbo and Dustin came over and we studied for most of the afternoon and evening.  Timbo brought over a skillet dinner and I made some rice.  It was all pretty good.  Then after they left I talked with Clifton for a while about...everything.  Just about life and everything that can be included in it.  From morals to perception to video games and the internet to how we interact with our friends to zombies (I explained to him the social story that zombie media tells).  It was good.  I like talking with him.


In other news, Kimmy is coming to visit me on Friday, then Jared and Kanissa are coming up on Saturday. I'm quite excited!


And now I"m going to bed, an hour after I had anticipated.  Oh well.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment