11.06.2011

Day 169

I have been up for approximately 12 hours and plan on going to bed soon.  It's been quite the day.  Ish.


I got up this morning and began my Sunday morning routine of showering and heading off to go grocery shopping.  For some reason I thought that I generally leave to go shopping around 9.  But I must be mistaken.  Or perhaps Aldi has changed their hours.  Today I went to Meijer first, as I've realized that it is more efficient to do so (I can avoid the really nasty intersection by my apartment).  Kimmy and I left around 9:15, got to Meijer around 9:20, and completed the visit by 9:30.  I like Meijer because it doesn't take as long to shop there as it does at Wal-mart.  Shopping at Wal-mart just seems to take so long, but my trips to Meijer can be very short.  So we got to Aldi around...say....9:45.  But they don't open until 10.  So we waited for a few minutes.  While doing so, I explained to Kimmy my financial plan for the following year.  I've been explaining to her how I keep my finances, since she'll be starting her new job next August as co-chair of the Board of Trustees and Primary Stockholders for our family.  Anyhow, in the Aldi parking lot I started verbalizing my plan for next year, trying to predict how much money we would need for rent and things, and then trying to determine how much money we would need before the semester started (since probably neither of us will be getting paid until the beginning of September, but will have two months of rent and a month of living expenses for which we must pay).  Yeah.  We talked about that and such.  Then Aldi opened and I got my groceries.  This week as more expensive than I would have liked, but I had to get some things like toilet paper, paper towels, napkins, and soap that will last me a while, but I just happened to run out of all of them at the same time.


After shopping we went to church with Jessie and Richard.  There was a guest speaker today.  He was very good.  He talked about generational problems and struggles and how they fit in with the growing issue of sin in our lives.  He also talked about how sin isn't about making a mistake, it's about blatantly doing things that we know are wrong.  He was very good.


After the service we went to noodles and company for lunch.  I had some Chinese noodly thing. It was tasty.  Then we came home and I started studying for my exam tomorrow.  I also cleaned a little bit.  Talked with Kimmy about wedding things.  Did laundry.  Then Timbo came over and we studied some more.  I made hamburger helper for dinner.  It made Kimmy not feel good :(  I studied some more.  There's just so much material that is covered on this exam.  I think that's what makes me so nervous is that unlike my other two classes, this class just covers such a broad variety of topics quickly that it's difficult to keep up.  My main focus this semester has been life contingencies, but I feel like I might have been spending too much time keeping up with that and not enough with the other classes.  I don't know.  We'll see.  I'll definitely do my best, I just hope that I can think clearly enough.  I'm going to be getting up early to start studying some more.


Kimmy isn't feeling well so she's just going to leave early tomorrow morning to go back to Mount Vernon instead of leaving tonight.  Hopefully she feels better in the morning.


And now I'm going to be an old man and go to bed before 9:30.  I don't remember the last time I did this.  But I'm tired and have to get up early.  So off I go.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment