11.22.2011

Day 185

It's break time!  Woo!


Today was a pretty good day.  I got up on time and took a really long shower.  I ended up leaving a few minutes late, but it's not a huge deal.  I try to leave every morning at 7:30, which means that I will get to the parking lot around 7:40 and to the classroom by about 7:48.  So I have a solid 10 minutes of leniency, but I prefer not to push it.  Today in finance we talked more about combining options.  I'm actually kind of excited to read the chapter just so that I can finally really understand everything that's been going on in class.


In between classes I went up to the computer lab to finish my lesson for today. After I'd finished I talked with Timbo and David about the life con assignment.  I showed them the Excel sheet I had created and it was clear that neither of them had planned on doing that much work on it.  But it's really useful, so I'm ok with it.


During life contingencies we started off with a problem to do.  I actually knew how to do it and finished with a minute or so before he called time.  Recently he's been taking questions off of the practice MLC exam and giving us about 5 minutes, which is the amount of time you should allot yourself for each question on the exams.  So it was comforting that I could do it in less than 5 minutes, even though it was something we haven't done for a really long time.  Well, I almost did it.  I didn't get any of the answers the first time so I was about to rework it when Mr. Dean walked past and told me that I had something inverted.  It was a quick fix that I should have caught earlier, but I'm satisfied that I knew what to do.


Then I taught.  Dr. Fischer observed me today.  In all honesty I think that today was possible the best lecture I've ever given.  I kept the students involved, many of them asked questions or gave productive input, I explained stuff, people were following along... it was really good and I had a lot of fun. Dr. Fischer left before I was done, so I don't know what he thought.  Hopefully he emails me soon.  I had a hard time sleeping last night because I was so nervous.


After class was over I went back to my apartment, got lunch, and packed.  And I also reworked one of the life con homework problems to make it.. better.  Yes, we'll just say to make it better.  The answer was correct before, but now it's just... better.  I finally left around 2:30.  Stopped in Celina to get something to drink.  It rained most of the trip.  I think that I need to listen to different music when I go on long drives.  I dance way too much.  Especially to the hardcore/dubstep music.  It just really makes me want to dance!


Kimmy was already here when I arrived.  Dinner was ready shortly after my arrival.  Mom made mashed potato bowls and they were tasty.  After dinner we cleaned up and sat around and talked for a while.  Then I finished my life con homework, did some grading, and now I'm writing my blog! I shall be done now, as my laptop battery is near exhaustion.  So.. good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment