11.29.2011

Day 190

This was quite the day.  I left a little bit late today again.  This time it was mainly because I didn't know what the weather was going to be like.  When I walked outside it was cold and raining, so I had to go back inside to change and dress accordingly.  When I got to finance we turned in our homework, then proceeded to go through some examples of more option combinations.  I think I get it for the most part.  I'm going to work through some exercises tomorrow in preparation for the quiz on Thursday.


In between classes was... an adventure.  I went to the computer lab to print some stuff off when Dustin mentioned that he had been looking over the spreadsheet I'd sent to him and noticed that some of my tables were wrong.  So I looked at them and sure enough they were.  Which is odd because earlier they had been correct.  So then I got incredibly flustered and was trying to figure out why stuff had changed and how I was going to look through all my code for tiny little changes... and still get the stuff printed off that I needed to get done.  But thankfully Dustin was able to help me figure it out, so we fixed it and I resubmitted it to Mr. Dean.  But it definitely was not a happy time.  I also found out that the math department does not offer summer assistantships, so I may talk with the graduate school office to see if they have anything to offer, in case I don't get an internship.


During life con we worked through a problem from the MLC practice exam, looked at some new equivalences, and some other stuff.  Yup. Then it was off to go teach.  Dr. Begum came to observe me today.  I wasn't really expecting that, but I knew she'd be coming at some point.  I just thought it was going to be earlier.  But class went well.  We went over the homework, talked about the project and the final, then went through some of the practice exam.  I hope that they do well on this...  I think most of them get it.  But we'll see.


After class I came back, had lunch, and started working on grading and making answers for the practice exam.  I did that for a couple hours, then I took a nice long break and cleaned.  I sorted through papers I had scattered about, tidied up under my bed, cleaned my sheets, cleaned off all the surfaces in my room, put things away... it looks nice.  First time all year.  Including move in.  When I was done cleaning I got dinner, then began writing the exam.  It took me a couple hours to make good questions, but I think it's pretty good.  I'll take it tomorrow to make sure it's not too long or difficult.


So by this time it was about 9:30 and I was just worn out from working.  So I stopped!  And it was good.  Now I'm going to bed.  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment