11.26.2011

Day 187

I officially decided to simply match my day count with that of the post numbering system in blogger.  So I think I'm going back a couple days, but in a few weeks no one will remember.


Today was a good day.  After we got up we headed over to the grandfolks for fun and food!  But first we had to stop at Hobby Lobby and Kroger.  Then we went to the grandparents!  It was a fun.  Mom heated up all the food, Kimmy interviewed Mama and Poppy about married life for one of her classes, I did some homework, and dad trollied off to watch the OSU football game.  Then when all the food was ready we ate.  It was really good.  There was definitely plenty of food.  We got a pre-cooked meal from Kroger and apparently the smallest quantity we could get was for 6 to 8 people.  And I think it could have fed 6 - 8 people who eat as much as I do.  So it was more than enough for us.  But it was all really good.


After dinner we cleaned up, did some more work, then played a game of Settlers.  Kimmy won by quite a bit.  She took a pretty big gamble at the beginning of the game and was on 3 different numbers to start.  But it just so happens that those three numbers were rolled nearly every turn, so she made bank.  It was fun.  Someday I really want to just roll those dice like, a few hundred times just to see what numbers come up.  Maybe I'll do some statistical analysis over Christmas.  That actually sounds pretty interesting.


After the game we had pumpkin pie and ice cream.  I had been working on one of my finance problems off and on for most of the day, trying to get something solved.  I had been emailing back and forth with one of the guys in my class and by the end of the night I finally had it figured out.


Poppy and dad were in a pretty heated game of Words with Friends.  I think dad eventually won, but they were just battling it out for most of the day.  It was pretty intense.


Then we came home.  After we unpacked the car Kimmy and I went to Steak and Shake for food.  It was quite tasty, as is to be expected.  Then we went for a nice long walk down Main Street.  We looked at houses, pointed out ones we liked and ones we didn't like.  Especially the creepy looking ones.  It was fun.


And now we're home and I'm going to bed!  Good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment