11.08.2011

Day 171

Woo hoo!  What a day.


No finance this morning, but I still had to get up fairly early.  Yesterday I forgot my lunch bag and Stats book in class, so I had to go by Dr. Begum's office to get them.  After that I just went to the computer lab to write my lesson plan.  When I was done I put together a proposed schedule for the rest of the semester.  I should be finishing with all of the material that I need to cover before Thanksgiving if everything goes well.  Then I can spend the two weeks after Thanksgiving reviewing, taking a test, and doing presentations.


Let's see.  We had life contingencies.  We finished up talking about the portfolio price premium principle or whatever nonsense that was.  We finished that chapter and began talking about the next chapter.  Chapter 7.  It's the last one we'll be discussing this semester.


After life con I taught my class.  Today went well.  We talked about the schedule for the rest of the semester, then some about Z-scores.  I'm trying even more than usual to keep a balance between mathematical rigor and understanding.  I think I'm getting there...now that the semester is over :/


After teaching I went back to my apartment to study.  On the way back I noticed that I had a voicemail so I tried to call it.  My voicemail password got changed somehow, so when I got home I had to spend about 20 minutes trying to reset my password.  I also had chalk on my hands which was making my incredibly irritable.  But I finally got all of that fixed and got my voicemail.  It was for a company I applied to last night.  The lady from HR called to ask a few questions.  And of course that wonderful statement kept coming up.  "I noticed that you hadn't included your passed exams on your resume..." Sometime I really want to say something like "Did I forget that?  Oh silly me.  I have my FSA... did I not put that on there?  It must have just slipped my mind!"  Anyhow.  I won't be interviewing with them.


Dustin came over and we worked on stats.  I found out that apparently one of our classmates has three offers for internships.  Not just second interviews, actual internships.  It really makes Dustin and myself wonder what we're doing wrong in an interview.  We're happy for him.... but I just want to know what I can be doing better.  I might set up for a practice interview at the career center to see if there is anything that I can fix.


Anyhow, Dustin and I did stats for a while, then Timbo came over and we did some more stats.  He brought tuna helper over for dinner.  It was pretty good.  He's really the only one of the people I invite over that offers to bring food or help clean.  I don't really mind that no one else does, I just think that it's interesting.  I certainly do appreciate that he does brings food and helps clean though.  After dinner he and I went to Family Video to rent a movie for tonight, but they didn't have the one we wanted.  So we went to Wal-mart, got snacks, and I bought the movie.  It was very cheap and I've considered getting it for a while.  When we got back we worked on stats for a little bit longer.  When Dustin came we watched the movie.  It was good.  When it was over they went home and I updated my blog (which brings us to now).


And now... I'm tired.  So I'm going to bed.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment