11.24.2011

Day 187

For those of you who are unaware, today was Thanksgiving.


I woke up to my alarm at 7:45 this morning because I wanted to have plenty of time to eat, shower, and help finish preparing for today's events.  I was still pretty tired when my alarm went off, so I decided I would just take one more nice long blink..


Then it was 8:45.  That was going to make leaving by 9 tough..... I still showered and ate and everything.  In true Pagano fashion we left by 10.  Part of that was my fault.  Not necessarily from sleeping in, but from not cleaning up the dishes I used last night for baking.  Mom needed some of them this morning so had to spend unanticipated time cleaning prior to the anticipated cooking.  But we made it out the door and to Columbus without much further instance.  Kimmy and I both took naps on the way down.  It appears that napping is far more interesting that my Derivatives Market book.  Odd....


So yes. Pagano Thanksgiving was fantastic as always.  I pretended to be official photographer, even though I really don't know anything about taking pictures.  But it was fun!  As usual I mostly just say and talked with Nick, Colton, and Kimmy.  During the meal Nick was feeling lazy so he paid our little cousin Guyatano a dollar to get him a plate of food. It was pretty funny. Nick also decided that Guy should sit at the awesome kid's table.  It was pretty entertaining.  Nick was trying to put all sorts of evil ideas into his head but I was the voice of reason and was able to make sure that only the truth was perceived.  Naturally.  Nick tried to convince Guy that "newer is always better."  Clearly this just is false.  Sometimes Nick is just full of the nonsense.  After food we just sat around and chatted.  Nick and I discussed math classes, which I know Kimmy loved.  Then I went off to go take pictures.  I talked some with Uncle Paul.  He wanted to know if I was, in fact, engaged. No one made a formal announcement to the group so he just wanted to make sure that his source was correct.  So he and I talked for a bit.  Apparently Tyler (his son) is starting to look at colleges and getting recruited and such.  So one of my tasks is to email him pictures of the baseball diamond at Ball State.


Then some of us played Apples to Apples.  I won.  Which is odd because I never win that game.


Then we left.  I slept on the way back.  Except when I was driving.  I don't mix those things.  When we got back I had some food, did some studying, and started to write the study guide for the class I'm teaching.  I also did a little internet research to see where I should go suit shopping tomorrow.  And now I'm probably gonna go to bed!  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment