9.14.2011

Day 115

Oh my word.  What a day.  I had class this morning.  Wow, it feels like forever ago.  I don't even remember what happened in class this morning.  Between classes I went to go print off the practice exams for my class.  I ran out of paper so I had to go to the math department to get more.  I can never remember the main receptionist's name, but she is always very nice.  And smiley.


My class went well.  We started talking about envy-free division, which is basically the idea that you split something up between a certain number of people, and no one person believes that he or she has less than any other person.  This is complicated because "less" uses the very subjective judgement of each person's value on the objects.  It can get very confusing.  I did my best to explain it, but there were some students who had a lot of trouble.  So we'll see how it goes.  I'm finishing this section up on Thursday and hopefully between the homework I assigned and questions in class they'll have it figured out.  I also handed out the practice exam.  One of my students asked at the beginning of class whether there were any more things to learn.  So I looked at her and said "Nope.  We have learned all the things.  There are no more things for us to know because we have already learned them all.  That's it!  No more things to learn."  It was funny.


After lunch I went to Wal-mart to get a portfolio thing for the job fair tomorrow.  Yup.  When I got back I went for a run.  That was hard.  It was 2pm and I was just too hot.  So I made it about 2.5 miles.  I really need to get up to 5 miles...ick.  I'm not a huge fan of all this stuff.  I'm not really stressed, I just know there are a lot of things that have to get done.  After Thursday I'll feel better.  Tomorrow is just going to be very long.  I work in the morning, have the job fair from noon to 4, class from 4 to 6, and then a talk put on by CNA from 6 to 7 or so.  Then I can come home and research Jackson some more before my interview on Thursday.  I'm excited about the job fair, I just wish I was more prepared.  Oh well!  We'll see what happens.  A lot of my friends are very very nervous, but I'm pretty excited.  Just...there's a lot going on.


I went to Jessie's for dinner.  That was good.  She made soup and it was really tasty.  Then we just sat around and talked for a bit.  Around 7:30 I went to some informational thing for Mercer, which is an insurance and financial investment firm.  So they talked about what they do and stuff.


Afterwards I went to the library with people to study for the probability quiz tomorrow and finish the homework.  That was a lot of fun.  Then Dustin and I went over to Erica's to print out some resumes...which ended up not really working.  So instead I helped Dustin do some formatting on his resume and helped Erica decide what to wear tomorrow.  And now I'm exhausted and heading to bed.  Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment