9.03.2011

Day 104

Hmm.  It appears that I didn't blog last night.


Yesterday morning started well.  I mean, I guess it started like every other morning. I went to math finance... found out that we have a quiz on Tuesday.  Eww....  After class I printed off my resume and so that I could take it to the career center after life contingencies.  Then I went to the Atrium and hung out with Dustin, Erica, Tim, and Jordan until class started.


I really like that we've been starting life contingencies with "Question and Answer time with Mr. Dean."  The professor for that class is the head of the actuarial department, worked as an actuary for 20 years, and is a fellow (meaning that has past all of the actuarial exams).  He's even helped write some of the exams.  So...he knows what's going on.  We've been starting most classes asking him various questions about being an actuary and it's been really helpful.


After life contingencies I went to the career center and had someone look over my resume with me.  They were very helpful.  They didn't make too many big suggestions, just fine tuning some things.  It was really helpful.  When I left I stopped by Wal-mart to get some yeast to make pizza for dinner.  Then I got home, ate some lunch, and worked on my resume some more.  I finished that around 2:30 and made the pizza dough.  I let it proof for about... an hour and a half or so.  I thought people were going to be coming around 5 or 5:30 so I put the dough in the oven around 4:45.  Timbo showed up around then so we just sat around and talked for a while.  No one else showed up until around 6.  So the pizza didn't turn out as well as I wanted it to because it sat out for so long.   I had it sitting on the stove but left the oven on, so I think it was slowly baking from the heat released via the oven.  Oh well.  It ended up tasting ok.  Everyone said that they really liked it, so I guess that's good.  For context, I had some of my math friends over (specifically Dustin, Erica, Kathryn, and Timbo) because there was a soccer game last night.  The USA men's team was playing Costa Rica.  However, Dustin got confused on the time and thought that 8 PM pacific meant 5 PM eastern.... but it really meant 11 PM.


So after dinner we just sat around, played cards, talked, played more cards, and talked some more.  We watched tennis for a while.  Timbo invited some people he met at the grad mixer because they live in Windermere.  They were nice and I remember exactly none of their names.


The game finally started, but by that time most of us were pretty tired.  I don't like feeling tired at 10:30!  So we didn't finish the game.  I think we decided to be done around with about 20 minutes left in the game.  Then we all went to bed.  It was a fun night over all.  The end!

No comments:

Post a Comment