9.08.2011

Day 110

Today was pretty good.  This morning I had financial math.  I don't remember anything significant happening.  Between classes I took my lunch to my office, then went over to the Atrium to hang out with Tim, Dustin, Erica, and Jordan.  During life contingencies we discussed some of the homework problems.  I felt smart because I knew how to do it before he went over it.  Woo!


When my classes were over it was time to teach.  We talked more about fair division between three people.  It really astounds me that in one minute everyone seems bored, but then in the next minute they're all paying perfect attention but can't figure out what I'm doing.  But we made it through once again.  They seem to be learning things, but I guess I'll find out soon enough. Their first test is two weeks from today.


After I finished teaching I went up to my office, had lunch, and finished preparation for my lessons next week.  I think I'm just about done.  I've really been enjoying my lunches.  This week instead of frying chicken I used the rest of the taco meat that I made last Thursday for Jordan's party.  So I've been using that, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and green onion.  I decided to get the cucumber for a little variety from the celery.  It was a good choice.


After I got home I started working on the practice exam for my students.  I'm having a hard time determining how long to make it.  It's going to be partially multiple choice, partially work-out problems.  Some of the problems are just long and tedious, so I don't want to include those.  I would rather include more problems that showed mastery of the problems without being unnecessarily confusing or difficult.  So we'll see how all that goes.


At 5 there was a short little seminar thing in preparation for the job fair next Wednesday.  Today was on what to expect from the job fair.  It was pretty good.  I'm actually kind of excited for the job fair.  I feel like I have an unfair advantage over a lot of my math friends because I'm pretty good at talking in front of people and putting on a show.  So we'll see how it goes.  I love my friends... but I'm going to take any advantage I can get.


The seminar was only about 40 minutes.  When it was over I took Jordan, Dustin, and Erica home because I had given them all rides to the thing.  As we were walking back to my car we were discussing what each of us had planned for dinner.  I mentioned that I was making stir-fry and Dustin made a comment about how much he likes stir-fry.  So I offered to make him some as well.  At first he declined but eventually agreed that it sounded better than frozen pizza.  Again.  Erica also accepted the invitation.  Jordan declined, since she's a picky eater.  So when we got back to my apartment I started making some stir-fry.  I like to put just any spice that sounds good into what I'm making, so today I added onion, cilantro, lemon pepper seasoning, and cayenne pepper.  It turned out really really well.  I put maybe a tad too much cayenne in, but it tasted really good, especially with the Teriyaki sauce that I got.  Oh my.  I plan on doing that again in the near future.  Erica offered to make me dinner sometime. Dustin offered to order me pizza.  He said my stir-fry was good enough that he wouldn't just heat me up a frozen pizza, he would actually order one for me.  I felt special.


After dinner was over we started working on statistics homework.  Eventually Timbo and Jordan came over to work on it as well.  I also invited Adrian over, since he had asked if he could study with my group sometime.  He's studying statistics and we're in MATHS 620 together.  So we all did homework for a while, spending way too long on two of the problems that we didn't understand that well.  Eventually we got them and a few others.  I think over the course of 2.5 hours we did about 4 or 5 problems?  Yup... love this.  After a while everyone left except Timbo.  He and I just sat around talking and pretending to watch the football game.  The satellite was being silly, so we couldn't actually watch it.  But we stayed at the configuration screen for a while.  He went home a little bit later, and now it is now.  Which is my bed time.  Good night, blogosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment