9.06.2011

Day 108

I always get excited when I see that new people read my blog, especially people that I would have never expected to do so.  I guess that is my introductory announcement: I like when people read this.


This morning started off well.  I got up early to study some more for my financial math quiz.  And make my lunch.  I had a lot of left over taco stuff from the party on Thursday, so I'm probably going to be having ground turkey on my salads for the next few days.  Or week.  Or until I run out of ground turkey. I guess that saves me from having to fry chicken for a while.


The math finance quiz went well.  It was significantly easier than I was imagining, so that was good.  But I'm glad that I studied as much as I did because I felt very comfortable with the material.  As it turns out, we got assigned a quiz in life contingencies today for Friday.  So... yay.


My lesson was very interesting today.  I started the chapter on Fair Division.  Fair Division is an area of math that attempts to quantify how much people like things, how those quantities compare with the value every person puts on an object, and how those things can be split so that every person feels as though their share has the same value as everyone else.  It's a very important field because it addresses ties into very practical fields (like economics).  So today I tried to explain methods for quantifying each person's individual value.  And I have no idea whether anyone understood it.  I think that the first 45 minutes went fine.  But near the end I got into something new (over which I assigned no homework because I didn't quite finish it) so I will continue from there on Thursday.  I was getting into some problems involving how to split quantities between three people when each person had different values for those quantities.  I think I was starting to lose them...


After my class I had lunch.  Then I went to go work out.  I did some bicep and tricep workouts then I ran.  I did not feel like running today... so I didn't go very far.  But I really need to start going further to prepare for the race next month.  I haven't run 5 miles in a very long time.  Bleeehhh......


I came back to my apartment after I worked out and started studying for the quiz.   So that was fun.  I started making dinner around 4:30.  I decided to have spaghetti and meatballs... and I made the meatballs all by myself!  I was so excited.  They tasted pretty good.  But I messed the spaghetti up... I just reheated stuff I'd made the other day but I think I put it in the microwave too long so it started to cook again and it got all gross. Oh well.  The meatballs were yummy!


Um.  After dinner the ice cream truck came around my apartment.  But it wasn't in the normal ice cream truck.  It was in a cargo van.  And it kinda terrified me.


I went to small group tonight.  Since it was still one of the first nights we just played games.  Well, a game.  We played cranium.  My team won, of course.  But it was a lot of fun.  And we just sat around and talked and it was a good time.  We got out later than I had imagined... but that's ok.  It was good.


Then I came back, I had some cake and ice cream, and now I'm going to bed!  Good night, friends!

1 comment:

  1. the ice cream vans in Phoenix were terrifying as well. I seem to remember calling them the pedophile mobiles.

    ReplyDelete