9.05.2011

Day 106

Today was a pretty good day.  I woke up way before my alarm went off, so I had some breakfast and showered.  I was still kinda tired so I just laid down in bed for a little bit.  Jessie and Richard were coming around 10:10 to pick me up for church.  So I got up and wrote out the equations I'll need for my math finance quiz on Tuesday.  Then they should up and we went to church.  I really liked it.  The pastor reminded me of Pastor Troy from New Life in Mount Vernon.  The sermon was on following the commands that Jesus gave from the book of Luke and how they aren't suggestions to make our lives better, they are things that we must do.  He spent some time talking about not being judgmental.  He made it clear that sin is sin and we don't have to like what other people are doing, but we can't make our love for other people conditional.  If we are to truly follow Jesus' example, loving our enemies is the single most important aspect of the bible for us to follow.  If you think about it, by all technicalities we would all classify as God's enemies.  Suppose you had a list of things that people should never do to or around you because that list contained every thing you found hurtful and offensive.  Then imagine that someone does all those things.  He or she would not be your friend.  In fact, that person would be your enemy.  And that is exactly what we have done to God.  So by this we should be his enemies and thus do not deserve heaven.  But because of God's love for his enemies, we can experience eternal life.  Who are we to think that we should do any less than love our enemies?  If God can forgive those of us that hurt him the most, who are we to do any less?  Who are we to think that our problems, troubles, hurts, and grudges are more important and more difficult than anything Jesus handled?


After church Jessie and Richard took me out for lunch.  We went to some pizza place.  It was really good.  When I got back I did some bank reconciliation then went grocery shopping.  I didn't need that much food but some of the other things (paper towels, toilet paper, cleaning supplies) were more expensive.  I decided to go to Meijer to get my produce today.  That turned out to be a good choice.  It was a bit more expensive but it's far better quality.  They had an entire 30 foot display/bin dedicated to different kinds of lettuce.  I was so intimidated.


When I got back I put my groceries away and started working on my lesson for the week.  It took me a bit longer than usual because I worked out all the examples I'll be doing now instead of trying to do it on the fly.  I think this will work better.  I had leftover meatloaf and potatoes for dinner.  I played a little Team Fortress over dinner then went back to lesson planning.  Then I got tired of that so I watched a movie.  And now it's bed time.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment