9.07.2011

Day 109

Today was pretty standard.  I woke up, had a bagel with peanut butter, then went off to go work.  I decided to start my office hours earlier on Wednesday so i have more time to get work to done.  Today work involved grading homework.  That took a long time.  I need to come up with a better system than grading each problem... that ended up taking way too long.  But I got it done and started planning for my lesson next week.  I think I'm just going to take the whole week and discuss "envy free division."  It's a sub-category of fair division, but not only does every person feel like (s)he has an equal share (fair division), but also each person feels that no other person has a more valuable share than him/her.  It's quite interesting.  But as a fellow GA named Harry mentioned to me, it's very difficult to test over these ideas because they involve such long and complicated procedures that neither of us felt these freshman should have to memorize.  So we'll see how this goes.


After work (and lunch) I went for a run.  Google maps said it was 2.5 miles, but it felt shorter than that.  I guess it always does feel like a shorter run when I do it outside.  To me, anyhow.  I really don't like running inside.  And I just verified the route I took.  Apparently it was only 1.8 miles, not 2.5.  Well, now I know for next time.


After my run I came home, showered, and started studying for my life contingencies quiz on Thursday.  I studied for probably an hour and a half, then went to statistics.  That was wonderful, as always.  I'm going to avoid having later afternoon classes if at all possible.  After class I took Kathryn and Dustin back to their apartments, since it's on my way home and they leave near each other.  They usually take the bus to class, but I don't mind giving them a ride back.  I like the company.


When I got back to my apartment I made dinner.  It's Wednesday so I had soup.  I had some clam chowder and I finished the rest of my crackers.  I need to get more.  But the clam chowder was really good.  A little after 7 Timbo came over to study for our quiz on Friday.  Eventually Tim and Kathryn also joined.  We did homework for a while and it was not fun at all.  Homework is dumb and I cordially invite it to die.  But we got a decent amount done, so that's good.  This weekend is going to be fun (because Kimmy is coming to visit) but also really boring (because we have a gargantuan assignment in statistics that's due on Wednesday).  So we'll see how that goes.


But for now: bed time.  Good night, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment