9.09.2011

Day 111

Today.  What a day.  What a wonderful lovely day.


It started off with financial math.  That went well.  That class usually isn't very exciting, but that's ok.  It's a good class.  In between classes I had a meeting.  Well, actually I had to make some copies for Tim before the meeting.  But then it was meeting time for all the math GAs who are teaching a class.  I like those meetings for the most part.  We all just talk about our experiences, share teaching strategies, get information, and such things.  I told them all how I asked my class what the best way for me to teach them was.  The second day of class (I think I wrote about this) I took about ten minutes and we just talked about learning styles.  And they all told me how they learned best and how I could lecture to help them best.  So after I told everyone in the meeting about this Dr. Fischer (head of the GAs in the math department) had a very amazed look on his face and said "Wow.  You must be very brave to open yourself up to your class like that."  I felt special.  And it sounded way cooler at the time because he has the most awesome Dutch accent.


Life contingencies went well.  Today was the first day that we started studying actuarial science, as Mr. Dean told it.  We started combining the probability models we had learned with the financial models from financial math.  So that should lead to good things.  Our quiz was moved to Monday for that class.  Yup.


I came home and had lunch afterwards.  I finished off my lettuce and meat.  I need to get more.  Instead of being productive I played Team Fortress for a little bit.  Then I cleaned up from lunch and started doing productive things, like applying for internships and planning my meals for the week.  I'm not really pleased with having to go shopping this weekend because for some reason I didn't get paid today, so I won't be able to get cash to go to the farmer's market in the morning.  Which did not make me happy.  Oh well.  I'll still be able to eat.  I found a recipe for curry chicken that I'm going to try.  That should be good.  And Amber's going to send me a recipe for some amazing chili.


Around three I got an invitation from Kathryn to go work out on campus.  So I went.  But she wasn't there.  Dustin and Erica were though, so I worked out with them.  I think Dustin is going to start coming with me, since he's free when I go.  That will be nice to work with someone else, especially when he knows what he's doing (I really don't....).


When I left campus I went to Meijer to get some food for Kimmy to eat while she is here.  I don't have a lot of Kimmy food.  I also got some bagels and peanut butter.  I hope this peanut butter is better than the stuff I got at Aldi.  That didn't have much taste to it.


I made a new friend on the way to Meijer .  I was driving and notice a car driving next to me.  So I look over and see this girl about my age (maybe?  I really have no idea) looking at me.  I smiled and waved.  She smiled and waved back.  Then I turned into Meijer and she went on her way.  I'll probably never see her again and honestly couldn't pick her out of a crowd of people.  But somehow I felt like we could have been friends.  I got hit with this feeling of "Oh...there is another human I will never know.  Another human whose life story I will never hear.  Another person whose life I will not impact."  That happens to me a lot.  And it then occurred to me that in those 8 seconds in which I was driving next to my friend.... I knew as much about her as many people know about their "friends."  And it made me sad to know how true that is.  Someone I had just met (kind of) was as close to me as people I have known for years.  I wish life wasn't that way.


After I got back from Meijer Dustin invited me to go to dinner with Kathryn and Erica.  So I went.  We went to....something Italian.  It was really good.  There was a 2 meals for $20, and each meal included an entree, salad, mini-desert, and bread.  So we did that.  It was wonderful.  I dressed up a little bit :)


Then... Kimmy got here!  Woo!  We sat around and talked for a while about school and life and all the things.  I am happy that she's here.


Someday soon I want to start tagging my posts so that I can go back through them and look for important people or events.  Maybe someday....


Anyhow. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment