9.11.2011

Day 113

Today was generally uneventful.  I got up around 8:30 because I couldn't sleep anymore, took a shower, ate, and did some work.  Jessie and Richard came to get Kimmy and me around 10:40 for church.  The service was much better than I was expecting.  I was kind of afraid it was going to be very "it's been 10 years since the attack, everyone should be super patriotic.  Hoo-ah!"  But we talked about forgiveness and how important the forgiveness of our enemies is.  It reminded me of a talk given in chapel last spring by Dr. Miraslov Volf. He said that he believes that idea of loving our enemies is the most important concepts in the Bible because it embodies God's most sincere love for us.  If He can love us even after we destroyed his plan for perfection, how can we as humans possibly hold grudges or believe that those who wrong us are not worthy of our forgiveness?  Anyhow, it was a really good message reminding us that no matter what anyone has done to us, we are commanded to have to forgiveness of Christ for each other.  Especially our enemies.


So yeah.  I enjoyed that.  After church we all went to Chili's for lunch.  I got some quesadilla thing and soup.  It was really good and I have left overs.  I have a lot of left overs from the weekend.  My plans for food this week are radically changing.  On Tuesday I'm going to dinner at Jessie's.  On Wednesday and Thursday I'm probably going to an informational meeting for a few different insurance firms that will be at the job fair on Wednesday and they're having food there.  So now I need to figure out what food I'll actually be eating.  I still want to make curry chicken but I need to figure out when to make it.


Let's see.  After lunch Kimmy and I went grocery shopping.  I got a few other things that I've been needing, like a drying rack and some drain cleaner.  I ended spending more than I had anticipated, but it was all pretty important.  Then I invited people to come over and study.  Timbo came over first and we worked on math finance and statistics for a while.  I didn't really feel like a did much.  I tried, but either didn't know how to do the problem or time just seemed to go really fast...and nothing productive happened.


Kimmy had to go home :(  I tried to convince her to stay, but she kept being silly and saying that she had class and dumb stuff like that.  So I had to let her go back to Mount Vernon.  And... I kept doing homework.  Bleh.  Eventually Erica and Jordan joined out little study party.  After our brains were done studying we talked about the upcoming job fair.  I'm actually pretty excited.  I have an unfair advantage over a lot of my friends here because I can be very outgoing, personable, and assertive when I need to be.  So I'm kind of excited. I need to work on answers to typical questions and filler lines.  But I have time.


Hm.  Anyhow. I'm going to study a bit more before bed.  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment