1.30.2012

Day 252

Bleh.  I was tired today.


This morning I got up, had breakfast, and went to class.  We handed in our projects for Investments.  We also repeated the last quarter of Friday's class.  I'm not sure why, but we did.  Oh well.


After class we went to the Atrium.  We mainly talked about food.


During Life Con we got out quizzes back.  I did well on it.  We started talking about how life insurances and annuities differ with joint lives, instead of single lives.  We're just continuing our discussion of how the things we talked about with single random variables can be altered to cover things with two random variables.  Mostly it consists of clever uses of the inclusion-exclusion principle, so it's not too bad.


After class Dustin and I went to work out.  I tried a pre-workout supplement that he gave me last week.  I think it was helpful.  It made my face and hands really tingly, which is normal.  I also did something to my shoulder, which made the rest of the workout difficult.  So I didn't get to do a really good work out, but it was decent.  After working out I went over to the Payroll office.  On Friday I got paid about twice what I was expecting.  So I went over there to see what was going on.  Apparently when I signed my new GA contract, the graduate office never let Payroll know that I was no longer active under my old contract.  So I was in payroll twice.  Sadly I don't get a raise and don't get to keep the extra money.  The worst was that she even told me they wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't come in.  I really wish she hadn't said that... Let's be fair.  An extra $6000 would have been nice.  Oh well!


When I got back I was feeling pretty wiped.  I'm not sure why.  It was different from my normal workout tiredness.  I showered, ate lunch, then studied FM.  But I had a really difficult time concentrating.  And the questions just seemed exceptionally difficult.  I got up through question 20 on one of the exams, but I might start it over tomorrow when I'm feeling better.  I haven't looked at any answers so trying it again isn't really cheating.  I just want to try those problems again when my brain is fresh.


Kimmy and I made pizza for dinner.  It was good.  Then after dinner I studied for my probability quiz on Wednesday.  It should go better than the last quiz.  


And I'm really tired, so I'm being an old person and going to bed at 9pm.  Yup!  Good night.

1 comment:

  1. did you feel the pre workout supplement was helpful because your face was tingly? because that's how I read it. or was that just a side effect?

    ReplyDelete