1.05.2012

Day 226

Well, today started off oddly enough. I had a car appointment at 8. But I forgot to set an alarm last night, so mom has to wake me up. She woke me up around 730 (thanks mom!), made me a bagel and got me some milk while I showered, then I left for the dealership. I somehow managed to get there just after 8.

They were helpful and got it all fixed.  There was a guy there that was... Neat. He was a die-hard 'Merican. He comes in, and tells the people behind the counter that his has all the bumper stickers on it, one which reads "if you're going to burn our flag, make sure you wrap yourself in it first." Awesome. So he goes on talking while the rest of us ignore him. As I left the lady wished me well at college. The guy looks at me and says "you know what they say about college: it's all football and beer." So I replied "Well, when I was working on my bachelor's I spent most of my time studying. And now that I'm in grad school things haven't changed." He seemed all shocked and asked what I'm studying. Keep in mind that I'm walking to the door this entire time and the Kia staff is trying hard not to laugh. So i explained what I'm studying and he tried to pretend like he was familiar with it. Eventually I just said 'yeah, like that' to one of his comments and left. I had a dentist to visit.

So off I went to the dentist. It was standard. I think I fell asleep in the chair... Whoops!

When I got home I had some lunch, then did some packing. And studying. I was waiting to see if master book would come, but it didn't. So i just came to Mount Vernon!

When I got here I said hello to Adam and Tyler, then went off to see Kimmy! We ran some errands, then got food! When we got back we did registry stuff. We're going to go do our registering tomorrow. Our list seemed pretty short... Oh well!

Then I went back to hang out with Adam and Tyler. We read through the Bob Jones and Pennsicola student handbooks. It was entertaining. Then we just sat around and talked. It was good.

But I'm going to bed now. So good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment