1.29.2012

Day 251

And here we go, into another week!


This morning I got up, had breakfast, and went grocery shopping.  I was really excited because I was going to be about $7 under budget.  Then I got to the store and realized I needed trash bags, shampoo, and deodorant.  So... I was $10 over.  Shoot.  Oh well!


Kimmy and I went to church with Jessie and Richard.  Today the pastor talked more about giving stuff to God.  I think that for me recently my biggest struggle has been school.  It's not that I don't trust God can take care of me, it's that it's very difficult to actually give things to God without neglecting your responsibilities.  Sure I could sit back and say "God, I'm going to give my education and future to you" and then sit in my chair, eat Cheetos, and watch God do his thing.  But I don't think that's really what God wants me to do.  So the issue becomes that I get so caught up in working hard that I don't stop to think about how there is a plan for what will happen, and it's not my plan.  So that just takes some time to really solidly think that.


After church we went to Arby's for lunch.  Initially there weren't any open tables next to each other, but soon after we got our food someone left so we took their table.  After lunch we went to Jessie and Richard's apartment for cupcakes!  Yesterday was Richard's birthday and he brought cupcakes to his departments social event.  And they had left overs.


Kimmy and I went to go see Beauty and the Beast 3D today.  It was fantastic.  When we got back I finished up my investment project.  I called Tim and we discussed some issues we were having for about 45 minutes.  But we eventually got it all figured out.  When we were done Kimmy and I made dinner.  It was left over night!  I had some pasta stuff from last week.  With some french fries and cheese sticks.  Originally I was going to heat the past in the microwave and the fries in the skillet, but Kimmy needed the microwave so I put everything in the skillet.  The same skillet.  Kimmy laughed at me.  But it was good.




After dinner I studied some more.  Kimmy did some wedding registering on the Wal-mart website.  I've been trying really hard to slow down and read each question thoroughly when I answer it.  I think it's starting to pay off because I only missed 3 questions on this passed exam and only 1 of them I really should have gotten.  That one was especially frustrating because there was so much work involved and I made a mistake at the very last step.  And of course my incorrect calculation was one of the options.  Jerks.  But I think it's been going well.  I just need to keep practicing taking more time.


I did laundry.  And now I'm going to bed.  So. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment