1.02.2012

Day 224

Break seems incredibly short.  Which is odd, because it's not so different from Christmas break at Mount Vernon: only a few days shorter.  But I just feel like I've hardly had any time off at all.  Oh well.


This morning I woke up and did my standard morning routine.  My blog took especially long to write, so that was a bit unexpected.  Around 11:30 Kimmy and I left to go meet Miles and Becky up in Bowling Green for lunch at Myle's Dairy Queen.  I had a hamburger and fries, both of which were very tasty.  After lunch we went to go watch the new Sherlock Holmes movie.  I need to do some math, but the $3 matinee is a tempting deal.  The only disadvantage is that it's a one hour round trip.  So it becomes a matter of analyzing the cost of gas and whether the additional cost in gas makes up for the extra $4.25 for a ticket in Findlay.  After a quick analysis, it is in fact cheaper to go to Bowling green if there are at least 2 people traveling in each car (as you end up spending about $5.90 in gas).  Anyhow, the movie was really good.


After the movie we went to Grounds for Thought (the local coffee shop).  Miles wanted to play chess, so he and I played a game even though neither one of us have really played in quite some time.  It was a pretty close game.  We both made some mistakes.  I ended up winning, but it was quite a battle.  I think that my only saving qualities were that a- I threw him off by making a few strategic random moves, b- I was able to hold on to my queen for longer, c-he protected his rooks a bit too much.  His aggressive king maneuver definitely did him well, however.  Overall it was a fun and good game.  I'm sure that Becky and Kimmy were just thrilled to watch us play.... They're good sports.


Then we came home.  Mom, dad, Kimmy and I all went out to Logan's for dinner.  It was tasty.  Mom and I both got fish and chips.  We talked about general education courses and why I don't like the art/music requirements (similar to how other students don't like the math requirements).  Apparently MVNU is redoing their curriculum, so those classes are no longer in existence.  Oh well!


When we got back Kimmy and I went to Wal-mart to do a little shopping.  We both got styptic pens (because they're awesome).  I used to have one, but I lost it.  And I think I'll probably end up cutting myself a little bit more with my new safety razor, so I decided to get something to fix it.  When we returned from shopping I studied for a while, since I hadn't done any yet today.  The second book I received has been a little bit frustrating.  The first book (on interest theory) summarized the three main text books on the topic of interest theory, so additionally reading wasn't especially necessary.  For the second book (on derivatives markets), there is only one references text book.  So this second study guide acts as a series of lecture notes and very closely sticks to the text...and it doesn't make a lot of sense without first reading the text book.  I think that my new course of action is to read a chapter from the derivatives markets text book, then the corresponding chapter in the study guide.  That will probably prove to yield the best result.  Either way, I'm hoping to have all of the main reading done either this week or early next week, then just start taking lots of practice exams.  What.  Fun. But for now it is bed time.  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment