1.27.2012

Day 249

For those who do not know: it is Friday.


On this particular Friday, I woke up to my alarm at 6:30, checked my phone, and saw that I had an e-mail from Dr. Foley.  He canceled our 8am class.  So... I went back to bed.


I didn't actually fall asleep, but it was nice to stay under the warm covers for a little bit longer.  Eventually I did get up.  I showered, got breakfast, and did some studying.  I had a quiz in Life Con this morning, so I studied for that for a bit.  The quizzes are just questions from the homework, so I made sure that I could still do the homework.


I always greet my professors when they come in the room.  The other day Dr. Foley commented on it.  He asked me why I'm the only one who greets him.  I said that he would have to ask the other people in the class.  He smiled and said "you know, I think there's a term for that.  I think they call that brown-nosing."  So today in class, he walked in the room and before I could say anything he very enthusiastically said "Good morning Joel!  How ya doin' this morning!?"  It made me smile.


This quiz wasn't bad at all.  Actually it was quite easy.  He definitely didn't pick the hardest questions.  So I finished in just a few minutes.  When I was done I picked up my grading from Dr. Nelson, then came home.  When I got back I worked on my Investments quiz that's due on Monday, got some lunch, then around 1 I went to Sugarbush for Kimmy and my first apartment tour.  The lady at Sugarbush showed us the one bedroom apartment.  It was nice.  A little small, but nice.


Next up was Creekside.  It is on the far east side of town and where I live now is on the far west side.  School is more on the west side as well.  So it would definitely be a hike, but it would be doable.  Creekside was really nice.  They had 2 and 3 bedroom apartments, so we looked at the a 2 bedroom apartment. It's a low-income living area, so it was really cheap.  If you were in the lowest range, a 2 bedroom was $409 a month.  Unless Kimmy works about 10 hours a week, we would be in the next category, which was $465 a month.  Still very reasonable.  So we're considering that one.


Then we went to Walnut Manor, which is another low-income complex.  Their one-bedroom apartments were $535 or so... so we ruled it out.  Our last stop was Orchard, which is near school.  Probably about a mile.  We looked at the one and two bedroom apartments.  They're also really nice.  We would probably get the 2 bedroom because a) there was only one 1-bedroom apartment left for next year and it was probably going to sell within the next week and b) it would be really nice if I could have an office for studying.  Orchard is $600 a month, but that includes all utilities but electric.  However, heating and such is all gas, so the girl showing us around said that electric would probably be about $10 a month.  I doubt it would be that low, but probably not much more.


So Kimmy and I have been trying to decide between Orchard and Creekside.  There are lots of good things about both of them.  What we've come to realize is that the things that we both have different things that are important for us.  I like Orchard because it's closer to school, but that doesn't affect Kimmy.  Kimmy likes the cabinets in Orchard and...I don't even know what color they are.  So we're still debating.  We like them both.  It's going to be a tough choice.


I studied for a bit when we got back.  Then we made dinner, ate dinner, cleaned up, and then I studied some more.  But I'm tired so I'm probably going bed soon.  So... good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment