1.21.2012

Day 243

Today was pretty uneventful.  I woke up this morning, made eggs for breakfast, showered, did a little studying.  I read over a couple pages of my FM manual, worked a few problems, then took a practice exam.  I did a little bit better than last time.  I had 45 minutes left and got 25 of the 35 correct.  This would have been a passing grade, I believe.  It would have been borderline.  I'm not sure how the rounding works because you generally need a 72% to pass, which is the equivalent of 25.2 correct questions.  So...I think that would have been passing?  Either way, I'm going to keep studying and trying to improve.  My goal is to take a practice exam and get at least 30 correct.  I think that the next time I take one I'm going to re-work ever problem, not just the ones that give me trouble.  With the past two tests that I've taken, I go through once to answer all the questions that seem straight forward and skip anything that seems like it will give me trouble (or ones that the answer seems a little too far from the options).  But I think this next time I'm going to re-read and rework all of them since I have time.  I've been missing 1 or 2 due to misreading the question or apparent calculator error.


I got lunch after my exam.  Then I studied for probability for a little bit and worked some problems.  I tried to take a nap but couldn't fall asleep.  So I laid there for about half an hour then just gave up.  I did some cleaning, played some video games, did some more studying.


Jessie and Richard picked me up for dinner at 6.  We went to Chili's.  It was really busy, but it wasn't too long before we were seated.  The food was good.  I got a quesadilla.  We talked about work and moving and school and all that fun stuff.  Whether we wanted to live in the city or not.  Richard and I are of the impression that if we can't live within driving distance of family and we're going to have to fly to see them, then it doesn't matter so much where we live. Hopefully we can find jobs that aren't that far away, but this isn't exactly the best time to be looking for jobs.  So we'll see!  I think my current plan is to start looking towards the east coast if I can't find anything in the Indiana/Ohio/Michigan area.  But we shall see.


After dinner I came back, thought about grading, then promptly did not grade.  I'll do it tomorrow.  But now it is bed time.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment