1.17.2012

Day 239

Today was a bit atypical, I suppose. I got up and went to work, but when I got there I saw that I had an email from Dr. Foley.  I was feeling sick today so he canceled class.  But our quiz got moved back to Monday!  Hopefully he's feeling better by tomorrow morning when I have him for class...


Anyhow, in the lab I just worked through some of my mistakes on my practice exam.  Then some of the undergraduate actuarial science students came in, so I talked with them for a while.  I should have studied, but oh well.  Since class was canceled, I went to go run some errands after work.  I went to the bursar's office, then to the career center, and finally to the graduate office to get some paperwork signed.  Then I had lunch.  At this point I had moved on to working problems for my exam P class.  I've been studying so much for exam FM that I kind of forgot to study for my quiz tomorrow.  This is going to be a challenge.  Hopefully since this first chapter is just general probability I'll be fine, but there are a few laws that I'd forgotten.  Tomorrow morning I'm going to skim the chapters and work some more problems.


After I worked this afternoon I went back to the career center to have someone look at my new resume.  The lady with whom I talked had some good ideas and strongly recommend that I extend my resume to two pages.  I had considered it, but now I'm definitely going to.  She especially suggested that I talk more about my assistantship and give more details about what I did.


Then I went to get my oil changed.  It didn't take very long so I didn't get as much work done as I had planned.  Oh well.  When I got home I talked with Clifton for a little bit, then I did some more probability problems.  Around 6 I went over to Dustin's, had dinner, played some video games, enjoyed our not having class today.  Then I came back home, did some more probability... and here I am.  Going to bed.  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment