1.22.2012

Day 245

Today was a pretty normal Sunday.  I woke up, ate breakfast, showered, then went grocery shopping.  I have a lot of left overs from last week, so I didn't have to get too much.  It always seems to be the case that when I don't need much food, I need lots of non-food items.  Like toothpaste.  And paper towels.  And nonsense like that.  Oh well.


When I got back I did a little bit of grading before Jessie and Richard picked me up.  Today at church the pastor talked about committing to God.   I really liked the message.  It's important to remember that we can only do so much, but ultimately God is in control.  I think that my biggest struggle has always been in the mundane activity of daily life.  It's far easier for me to be in a really bad or really good place and say "Well God, this is all you."  But it's much harder when everything is plain.  When I can't really tell if I'm doing something right or wrong.  When it just seems like life is going on as normal.  There is no real time when I can do something big.  So I go about my normal life trying to be a good example and loving person.  And perhaps that's what I'm supposed to be doing right now: just working hard, being real with people, and being loving.  Maybe that's my job.  And I can handle that if that's all, I just wonder if maybe I should be doing more and I'm not?  I don't really know.  So for now I just keep trucking.


After church I had lunch at Jessie and Richard's.  Jessie made crock-pot chicken with cream of mushroom soup.  It was good.  I'm going to have to try it sometime.  After lunch I came back to my apartment and started studying.  Dustin and Timbo came over and we did life contingencies homework all afternoon.  We were assigned 18 problems and we got through...6 of them.  In 4 or so hours.  Yay.  The problem was that most of this material we haven't covered in class.  We've gone over the basics, but not many of the particular types of examples that we did in class.  But I think we did well.  The problems were really hard.  We're going to ask him some questions about it in class tomorrow.


They left around dinner time.  I had some lasagna for dinner.  Then I called mom and dad.  When I got off the phone with them I played a game with Miles for a while.  Then I made my chicken for the week.  This week I used cinnamon and red pepper.  I really like cinnamon.  I want to use that in more things.  And now I'm going to bed.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment