1.16.2012

Day 237

Well, last night I got around 9 hours of sleep or so.  It felt good.  I woke up at 8, contemplated what I was going to get for food this week, then took a shower.  I like to start the morning with some math problems to get my brain moving.  It seems to work decently.  I'm still going through the Interest theory questions, trying to get everything worked out.  Some of those questions are just difficult, and that's all there is to it.  It's pretty discouraging that I've put all this time into studying but I still feel like I'm not going to be prepared.  The exam is less than 4 weeks away.  I've been studying every day (except yesterday, which I took off), but there is just so much material.  But I guess we'll see!


Anyhow, I went grocery shopping.  I decided to to make lasagna for dinner this week, as I figured that it would feed me for pretty much the entire week.  And if I get tired of it I'll have soup or something.  I got some cleaning supplies that I've desperately been needing, some batteries.  Really fun stuff.


When I got back I put  my groceries away and did a couple problems before Jessie and Richard came to pick me up for church.  Church was really good.  Our pastor (I can never remember his name) talked about how important it is that we don't try to force our agenda over God's agenda.  He reinforced the idea that we, being human, don't know God's mind like he knows his own mind.  We aren't the judges or bringers of punishment or blessing.  God does all of that.  And he does it to whomever he sees fit.  Our job is just to love each other and love God.  That's it.  That is our only job.  And when we try to take on other jobs that God doesn't give us, we get into nasty places.  So I think it's good that we get those reminders frequently.


After church I went to Jessie and Richard's for lunch.  We had hot dogs and beans.  And it was good.  After lunch I came back and worked some more of FM.  I'm really not looking forward to my other classes picking up because I need the extra time to study for FM.  I do need to study for my probability quiz on Wednesday.....ugh.


Around 3:30 David called me.  He wanted to see if I was hungry and wanted to go get some food.  Seeing how it was the middle of the afternoon and I really was not hungry, I said no.  Apparently his car as well as his room mate's car have broken down.  So I went to go take him to get some food.  I've learned that it's really difficult to not have a vehicle and very humbling to have to ask for a ride to places.  Well, it was for me.  But I hate asking for favors, so perhaps it's different for other people.


When I got back I studied for another hour or so.  Just working problems.  There are so many different types of questions they can ask.  And it's getting to the point where I've worked some of these so many times that I just remember the solution.  And there are others that I've worked so many times and still have no idea how they got their solution.


I made a frozen pizza for dinner.  I was going to make lasagna but decided not to.  I was feeling lazy.  While it was cooking I put up plastic over my window that I got from Jessie and Richard.  It seems to be working well.  It's not perfect, but it should do the job for now.  It's definitely better than it was.  After dinner I studied some more.  Around 8:30 I went to Jessie's to give her hair drier back.  Then I went to go watch a movie with Kathryn.  And now I'm home, going to bed.  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment