1.11.2012

Day 233

I think my new schedule is finally kicking in.  I'm getting ready for bed before 10.


I had Investments this morning.  We spent the majority of the time doing simple calculations and conversions.  I think he just wanted to ensure that we really understood.  I believe that we do.


In between classes our little band of people went over to the Atrium.  Today's activity was solving riddles.  I have once again concluded that I am not good at riddles.  Probably because I get too bent on thinking about things in a certain way.  And when that doesn't work and I've tried all my first ideas, I'm not sure what to do.  Then I get frustrated and I cease to enjoy the activity.


We had our first Exam P prep course today.  We just did basic set theory and probability.  Most of the class time will be working problems.  Each week we have a quiz that will be similar to Exam P, just shorter.  Our "text book" for the course is just the Exam P Actex study manual, so it has plenty of problems to work.  Mr. Frye teaches this class.  I ran into him the other day and asked which class we will be meeting in...he told me and then I promptly forgot.  So I told everyone that it was in 119.  I was close.  It was in 118.  But we all made it.  I really like Mr. Frye's dry and quirky sense of humor.  He doesn't make many jokes, but when he does it's with excellent timing and delivery.


After class I came home. I decided to take this first week and just get used to my schedule. I'll start working out next week.  When I got home I made my lunch and did some studying.  No, I think I played a video game over lunch.  Then I started studying.  The chapter I've been reading has a lot going on and it's difficult to keep everything straight.  It was pretty frustrating because it had the longest section of reading but not many exercises at the end of the section.  The ones it did ask were mainly "which of the following is false" type questions.  I think I'm going to start going through the derivatives markets section of the study manual and write down terms and equations.  This part of the exam is less computational than the interest theory portion.  And it's difficult to write a well-worded question that is also challenging.  So as a result, there aren't many questions.  I need to go over this section again in one sitting, not two.  Maybe that would help.  And watch the DVDs I borrowed from Dustin.


I took a nap around 2:30 or so.  When I woke up I kept on studying.  Then I made left over stir-fry for dinner and kept studying.  I took a break for about an hour, then studied some more.  I decided to start reviewing interest theory again, since it has been a while since I've worked those problems.  There are a lot of formulae to remember.  Ick.  I've decided that tomorrow (since I'm working in the computer lab for about 5 hours) I'm going to start working through one of the practice exams.  Not timed, just working the problems.  To see how it goes.


In the mean time... I'm going to bed.  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment