12.28.2011

Day 218

Today was a good day.  I woke up around 8:30, had some breakfast, a shower, then headed out to go see grandpa and Pat at their new place in Indiana.  They recently moved permanently to Indiana instead of alternating time between Ohio and Indiana.  So we went to go visit them!


On the way there I took a nap for probably about... 45 minutes.  Then I did some exam questions.  The first probably...6, were really difficult.  I just had no idea where to start.  So I would look to see how they started their solution and see if I could finish it after I saw how they began it.  Most of the time I could.


When we arrived we saw grandpa and Pat's new condo, then went to lunch.  They live in a retirement community like Primrose and they have meals provided for them every day.  So we went there for lunch and had some soup, a really good bean casserole, and some other food.  It was good.  When we'd finished eating we just sat and talked for a while.  Grandpa asked me some questions about my area of study and I tried to explain why I won't be taking a lot of advanced statistics courses.  I also explained how the exam process works.  He seems very intrigued by all of this.  I think that it's because this is such a different application of math than he used in his area of work.


Eventually we went back to their condo and rearranged their living room.  That went pretty efficiently.  Then we had to go home.  I started the trip home with another nap, then some more studying.  My neck was starting to feel a little sore from looking down, so I decided to be done.  I didn't get a ton done today, but studying in the car isn't easy.


We stopped at Wal-mart on the way home to get dinner and a few other groceries.  Then we came home and ate the aforementioned dinner.  When we'd finished eating we cleaned up, dad made a fire, and we played a few games of dominoes.  It was fun.  I ended up winning, but everyone was relatively close.


Then I talked with some people on Facebook, read some webcomics, and now I'm going to bed!  Night everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment