12.12.2011

Day 203

Bleehhh.........


I had finance this morning.  We went over a couple new things that may or may not (but probability will be) on the final tomorrow.  Yay.  Then in between classes I went to the atrium with Dustin and Timbo and we started looking at some stats.


During life con we ran over a few concepts, then worked through a practice MLC problem.  My brain has just been so fried recently that I couldn't focus on it.  I knew how to do it, but my brain just was so focused on stats that I couldn't get the answer very quickly.


After life con I went to go print off the exams for my class.  But the computer lab upstairs was occupied by a class.  So I went downstairs.  And it was reserved for testing.  So I went up to my office to eat lunch and study.  So Dustin, Timbo, and I studied stats for a while.  There was really just one really confusing concept that we were trying to get.  Eventually we went to Dr. Begum's office to ask her.  When we got there Jordan and Erica were waiting to talk with Dr. Begum.  And there was another student in there asking a question.  I knew we would be there for a while....I'm going to move on now.  It was frustrating.  Erica and Jordan had some of the same questions that I did, so she was able to answer those questions for all of us at the same time.  But Dustin and I needed some more explanation on one of the concepts.  She was very sympathetic and said that it really is a very difficult concept.  Basically this stuff is where doctoral statistics students begin.  So it's very complicated... but we still had to know it.  Fantastic.


So Dustin and Timbo and I went back to my office to study a little more.  Then we went to the library to go print some stuff off, since it was an open note exam.  Then we got to class, talked with Adrian a little (who was equally terrified), and sat down to begin.  I tried to convince Dr. Begum to just make out grade based on attendance.  But she didn't go for it.


That test was a beast.  Like... If the Kraken and Medusa birthed a child, it would have been this exam.  Even though it was open note/open book... it was still devastating.  In the past 3 days I studied for about 12 hours (not including time I spent doing homework last week) and I was still clueless.  Naturally the exam was not like the homework we had.  Or like anything we'd done in class.  I must have gone up about 5 times to ask questions.  One of the guys probably went up... close to 30 times.  No joke.  I don't think 5 minutes went by without him asking a question.  I was able to put an answer down for everything but I know they weren't all correct or complete.  It was incredibly frustrating.  I think if she is incredibly gracious I may get a 70.  So much for my A in that class.  Perfect.


So then I got to come home and study for finance after studying stats all day, bombing a stats exam, and just being miserable.  And tired.  Ugh.  So Dustin and Timbo and I studied stats for a couple hours.  But honest I was just too tired.  So I'm going to bed now so I can get up early and study some more.  So. Good night.  Hopefully my final tomorrow goes better than my exam today....

1 comment: