12.05.2011

Day 196

Every Monday throws me off.  They feel like they're so much longer than they actually are.  I woke up around 6 so that I could do some studying before my exam this morning.  I'm glad that I did because I definitely helped get my brain fresh before taking it.  I got to class around 7:30 and just re-read the section on Redington immunization.  While I was there some girls came in to write some notice on the board about jobs over break.  It seemed strange but I thought nothing of it...


I felt like the exam went really well.  I finished in about 15 minutes so I went through it again.  I know there is one on which I made a minor mistake (because apparently I decided that 5% of 1000 is 5, not 50) but otherwise I felt very comfortable on everything else.  After it was over I went to the Atrium with Tim and Dustin, had some victory coffee, and talked about finance and exams and such.  Some of the questions that there were talking about are just annoying.  That's really all there is to it.  They're just annoying.  They have lots of moving parts and they want you to  mess up on one of them.  Oh well.  I'll have about 8 weeks to study for my exam which I think should be good, especially since I just finished a class on it.  So I have most of the basics down, now I just need to solidify everything.  I should be fine.  There are 9 practice exams so I'm going to take one every weekend until exam time.  We'll see how it goes!


Life con was pretty good.  We did some stuff with differential equations and Taylor polynomials for approximations of change in policy value.  It is really interesting to see different classes worked into this field.  I've seen derivative, integral, and multivariate calculus, linear algebra, differential equations, statistics, probability, numerical analysis, and later on I even spotted some graph theory.  Some of the proofing methods and inequalities I learned in Real Analysis have been used in my stats class. It's pretty intense.


After life con I want to the gym.  I hate the gym.  But it's good for me.  After the gym I came home and ate lunch.  Then I proceeded to finish my life contingencies exam.  When that was done I took a shower, called mom, and went to stats.


Today we talked about sequences of distributions converging to different distributions.  I don't really even know what that means.  So this exam should be fun.  I need to start studying for that exam.  It's open book, but I still want to study to make sure that I have plenty of information readily available.


When I got back from class I was really hungry.  So I made some soup, answered emails from my students about the group project tomorrow, and finished working on the exam.  I was going to do stats but ended up spending more time than I'd anticipated on the exam.  Oh well.  I'll do stats tomorrow and Wednesday!


But now it's bed time.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment