12.13.2011

Day 204

Bleeehhhhhh.


That about sums up my day.


Last night I tried to go to bed early.  Like 9:45.  Then I proceeded to lie in bed for about an hour and a half.  After realizing that I was too nervous about the final, I got up and studied for an hour or so.  Around 12:30 I went back to bed and fell asleep.  I woke up a couple times through the night but managed to get a few hours of sleep before waking up at 5:45.


I noticed that I had two emails from students with questions and one Facebook message. But I told them all that they had to ask me before 8pm, so I didn't respond.


I got to the finance final around 7:10 and just tried to read a little bit more of everything.  There has just been so much information covered.  But I took it.  I think I did reasonably well.  There were a couple problems that I definitely didn't know how to work.  I believe that I knew how to do the rest of them though.  Hopefully I did well over all.  I finished with about half an hour left.  There just seems to come a point where my brain is done, and no matter how much I look over the exam I won't be able to process any more information.  So hopefully I did everything correctly the first time!


Then I proceeded to go to my class room and wait for my students to filter in.  About 15 minutes til the start time people started to fill the room.  A few had last minute questions.  Then it began!  I started to work through the exam (again) as they took it.  I had previous worked through the exam three times to ensure that there was an answer to every question.  The second question had me stumped.  I couldn't figure out how I had gotten any of the multiple choice answers, and then I was frustrated that I hadn't caught this earlier.  So I paused the class, told them that I had made a mistake on the question and put up 4 new answers.  Then one of my students came up to me and pointed out that I had a correct answer and explained how had found it.  I realized that it was just a poorly worded question, so I wrote out on the board a more accurate description of what the question was asking.  As I briefly looked through the exams it seemed like a number of students did quite well.  But I'm not actually going to grade them until Saturday.  I have plenty of other things to do before then.  One of my students showed up an hour late (he had the wrong time written down).  Another didn't show up, but he emailed me to explain what happened we're going to get that figured out.


When I got home I got some lunch and just chilled for a while.  My brain needed to recuperate from the morning.  I called mom but she was shopping with Poppy so she couldn't talk long.  I told her that I might not be coming home until Sunday because grading might take me a while.  But we'll see.


Around 2:30 Timbo and Dustin came over and we studied life con.  We studied until about 6, then went to Dustin's apartment to take a break.  I came back here around 7:30 and studied for another 2 hours or so.  Now I'm going to go to bed, wake up early and run through a few more things before my final in the morning.  Woo hoo.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment