12.14.2011

Day 205

Ok then.  Summing up today... here we go.


I woke up this morning around 7 to get in some studying before my life con test.   I was feeling pretty confident about it.  I got to campus around 9:15 and just read through the book a little bit before the exam started.


I thought that the exam went really well.  I went through the entire thing in probably about half an hour.  There was one question I know I missed because I had no idea how to do it.  On every other question I looked at it and knew exactly what to do.  But on that one... there was nothing.  I didn't have any idea.  But I was ok with that.  Because I think I got the rest of them.  So I went through and rechecked all my work, fixed a couple problems, reworked them all, still didn't know how to do that problem.  So I left and still had about 45 minutes left... but there was nothing left for me to do.  I waited for a few more people to finish the exam so we could discuss how it went.  I also made friends with some of the people sitting in the hall studying.  They were actuarial science undergrad students.  Anyhow, after some more people came out we discussed it, we all felt like we did well... I realized that I missed a couple more  points on a couple questions because I got my notation a little off, but I don't think he'll take too much off for that.


After all that was over, Katheryn and I decided to celebrate two finals being over by going to get lunch.  So we went downtown to a deli that we'd tried to go to at the beginning of the semester... but it was closed.  As in no longer operating.  So we walked to another small restaurant downtown, but there was a party there and it was going to take forever to get seated.  We waited for a little bit but ended up leaving because we were hungry.  Then we drove back to campus and ended up going to Pita Pit.  It was tasty.  We discussed how we got into grad school, how we had no idea it would be this difficult, and just various experience we had while pursuing out bachelor's.  We also discussed how much money we would pay to get an A in stats.


I also found out that I did pretty horribly on my stats exam on Monday.  So... I need to do reasonably well on the final to maintain a B in that class.  This should be fun.


When I got home I considered being productive.  For a brief minute I really did. But I was just so worn out from the past...really long time... that I couldn't bring myself to do anything.  So I started playing a game that Jared got for me a month or so ago called Bastion.  And it is ridiculously fun.  So I played that for a while.  I emailed a couple of my students to tell them that they'd left their notebooks in class and I would be in my office tomorrow.  


I made a hamburger helper thing for dinner.  It was tasty.  Some ground meat and cheese and pasta nonsense.  I liked it.  After dinner I went over to Dustin's to play more video games.  We both just needed the rest of today to unwind from studying nonstop for the past... two weeks?  Something like that.  It's been tough.  I really need to buckle down tomorrow, but today I really just needed to recuperate.


So I just got back from Dustin's a little bit ago.  And now I'm super tired so I'm going to bed.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment