12.04.2011

Day 194

I'm pretty sleepy and my day was pretty monotonous, so this should be short.


I woke up this morning around 8 but didn't get up until 8:30.  It wasn't time to be awake.  After I finally got up I ate, took a shower, then started some laundry.  I started to work on some grading, worked on that through lunched, and finished it up a little bit after.  I downloaded the gradebook from blackboard as an excel file so I could manipulate it a little bit.  After I graded the exams I found the mean score and immediately realized that a curve was necessary.  I also created a study guide, but this time it's not a practice exam.  It's just a list of things they need to know.  Perhaps this will make them a little bit more willing to perform the necessary additional studying.  I guess we'll see!


When I'd finished grading I did some finance.  The stuff on duration is pretty straight forward, so I went on to do some problems over the recent stuff.  It was getting pretty frustrated because the questions on the quiz and last year's exam seemed to be using the numbers arbitrarily and I really had no idea what I was doing.  So after dinner Dustin came over.  And within about 2 minutes he said just the right words that made sense to me.  Then the problems seemed so simple!  I'll review them tomorrow to make sure, but they seemed pretty easy.


Then he and I worked on stats for a couple hours.  That was fun as always.  This assignment is going to take so long... bleh.  He and I got the first section done.  Probably about 1/5 of it.  We're going to work on it more tomorrow.


After we decided to be done we went to Dustin's apartment to play video games and eat snacks.  It was fun.  We started watching a movie but I got tired.  So I came back.  And here I am!  I'm pretty sure tomorrow is going to be a repeat of today. Oh joy.  So... good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment