12.21.2011

Day 211

Man.  Another longish day.


I woke up this morning a bit late.  This is really weird.  I haven't been able to sleep in for months.  But as soon as I come home... no problem.  Anyhow, I got some breakfast, took a shower, and got to work on studying.  The study manual is broken into 13 chapters.  I think that I've covered everything in my finance class so I just started off by working the practice exercises.  Each chapter is split into a portion that teaches the material, then some basic exercises, then past exam questions.  So for the first chapter I skipped the reading, got through the basic exercises with little issue, then got to work on the practice exam questions.  I think I got through 9 of the 13 questions without much issue.  Well, I got the correct answer.  The questions are just so weird and I haven't had to think about these concepts in these specific ways.  It's very frustrating.  Mostly because I know the information, I just can't always figure out what the question is asking me to do.


Anyhow, I got through the first section, got some lunch, and went to work on the second section.  This one was considerably more difficult.  I struggled through it for a while, then took a break because I realized that I'd been studying pretty much non-stop for nearly 4 hours.  So I took a break... and my new toy came!  I got a 23" widescreen monitor for my computer.  It's pretty.  So I got that all set up, then went back to work.


I've come to the conclusion that I need to pace myself better.  So my goal is to do one chapter every day or two.  At the very least I will read through a chapter one day, perhaps work some basic problems.  Then the next I'll work the rest of the problems.  But by the time I got to the practice exam questions my brain was just too worn out and I kept making dumb mistakes.  So I'm going to take another stab at section 2 tomorrow.


Mom made stir fry for dinner. But we didn't have any frozen vegetables, so we just had chicken, egg, and rice.  It was pretty good, but we all missed having the vegetables.  After dinner I went to the store to get some shampoo/body wash that my doctor recommended I get for my rash-thing.  Then I got back, played some video games with Miles and James... and now I'm going to bed!  Night friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment