12.28.2012

Day 584

I tell you what.  Yesterday did not start well.  After my initial morning ritual, I had a bit of an adventure.  You know how I've been talking about about our cats trying to get underneath the bathtub?  Well, it seems that yesterday Beans REALLY wanted to get back there.  So for about two hours the cats and I played this game (not really a game) where I would try to stuff things into all of the holes leading to the area under our tub, then Bacon would get everything out of the holes and Beans would go back there.  One time Beans was under there for about half an hour.  As it turns out, there is a hole in the floor under the tub.... and Beans got in there.  Like, she was under the floor crawling around.  It was scary.  Eventually she came out and I used all manners of cardboard and duct tape to block up any holes going to the area under the tub.  Oh..... these cats.

After that, I didn't feel like studying at the moment.  I was too fed up with keeping the cats alive.  So I played my new game.  It was fun.  Then I got some lunch and started studying.

Kimmy got home from work mid-afternoon.  I studied some more.  My studying has been going well so far.  Since I just had a class in this, what I'm finding most helpful is reading the chapter and trying to fill in information gaps or learn things I didn't know, work a few basic problems to ensure that I can recall formulas, then trying to find harder problems to see how well I really know things.

I made some corn chowder for dinner.  It was good, but I really miss getting corn from the farmer's market.  That corn was WAAAAY good.  Frozen corn just doesn't cut it, but we make do.

After dinner I studied some more.  Then my brain gave up from studying so much, so I went back to playing my new game.  It is fun.  

Let it be known, Kimmy is a bad influence.  I was going to be a good student and go to bed early, but Kimmy convinced me to stay up later and play games.  Because it's Christmas break!  It didn't take too much convincing though.  I didn't really take too much convincing though.

Ok.  Time to do things!

No comments:

Post a Comment