12.23.2012

Day 579

Good morning!

Originally, yesterday was going to be a super productive studying-and-cleaning day.  Apparently that didn't happen... but I actually think it was for the best.  I needed some rest.

I spent a good chunk of yesterday morning wrapping and preparing Kimmy's present.  After I wrapped it, I used a bunch of yarn to create a path that Kimmy had to follow which led to her present.  Surprisingly, the cats didn't mess with the yarn too much, but I shut them in the bathroom while I was setting it up because I knew they would have wanted to help!  And by "help" I actually mean "attack all of the yarn."

Then I did some studying.  In my head (where everything works perfectly), I'd imagined getting through two chapters.  My goal for break is to do at least one chapter a day.  I set my study schedule up for one chapter a day, but I'd like to get ahead of it's possible.  But I just got through one chapter yesterday.  It was fine, but not optimal.

Kimmy slept in pretty late because she had to work from midnight until 8 am. I do not envy her.  After she got up and opened her present, we just bummed around for a while.  She wrapped some presents for her family and I studied.

After dinner she took a nap before she had to go back to work and I relaxed some.  I played a video game with my friend Mark for a while, then went back to studying.

I was up for a little bit after Kimmy went to work.  It's a good thing I didn't go straight to bed because our cats discovered that they can get underneath the bathtub.  To the people who have not seen our house: this is a bad thing.  See, in our house, there are a few... "holes," as we call them.  They're places that lead into the walls and we don't know where they go.  It's a little weird.  Well, our tub/shower is in the corner of the bathroom and two sides (one long side and one short side) touch the wall.  The other long side is covered like a normal bathtub.... but the last short side has no covering.  This means that the cats can get underneath the tub and we have no idea what's back there.  We keep a large piece of cardboard taped to the wall so that they can't get back there, but last night they were able to wiggle past the cardboard and go exploring.  It was bad.  So I spent some time trying to get them out (which I was successful in doing), then I spent some more time taping every side of that cardboard so that no amount of cat wiggly could undo it.  I think we're safe now.

Ok.  Time to get some stuff done.  Fare well!

No comments:

Post a Comment