12.17.2012

Day 573

Saturday:

It was a great day.  We slept in, I did a little grading, then went grocery shopping.  We left a lot later than we had anticipated, so we had to hurry.  Jared and Kanissa (my best man and his girlfriend) were coming to visit and the entire house needed a very solid cleaning.  So after shopping and lunch we went into overdrive and cleaned all of the things.  We got almost everything done before Kimmy had to go to work.

After Jared and Kanissa got here, I showed them the house, then we went to go get a movie.  We had hamburgers and fries for dinner, then watched the movie.  Kimmy was able to get off of work early (yay!), so she came home around 9:30 instead of 11.  When she got back we played a couple boards games.  We had originally planned on staying up silly-late... but it was around 11:30 and we were all exhausted.  So we just went to bed.

Sunday:
Kimmy and I woke up around 8:30 and got some breakfast.  When we were done, I made some breakfast for Jared and Kanissa.  It was quite the feast: pancakes, bacon, and eggs.  And, if I may say, it was pretty good.  After breakfast we went to Marsh to make some snacks.  Originally we'd planned on making rice crispy treats... but then someone had the excellent idea of using fruity pebbles instead.  It was an excellent choice.  They were really really awesome.

Later on in the afternoon we went to go see The Hobbit with Jessie and Richard.  It was pretty good.  They added a few things that hadn't been in the books, but I thought were really good.  Then we all went to dinner at Amazing Joe's, which is a barbecue restaurant in Muncie.  It was pretty stellar.

Then Jared and Kanissa had to go home :(  Boo.

I finally finished my grading last night.  Final grades are due at noon, so hopefully after that I can see all the reviews my students left for me!  This is always a little scary, simply because I'm not good at knowing what they really think about the class.  But we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment