12.09.2012

Day 565

And today was pretty fantastic.  Truth.

I, once again, slept it.  I could totally get used to this.  After showering and everything I did my obligatory checking of the internet and websites.  All of my regular websites survived another night while I slept, so that's good.  I went up to campus to get some stuff done with Tim.  While I was there I looked inside the math department study room and was not disappointed.

Like any good math department at Christmas time, it is decorated with various 3-dimensional figures.  I used to do this at Mount Vernon.  Dr. Noonan was very big on having his upper level math classes make ornaments for the department Christmas tree.  I was really bad at it.  Kimmy would always help me... she would do the difficult shapes and I'd do the easy ones.  But it was still fun!

After I came back home Kimmy and I got some lunch then went grocery shopping.  We also got some plastic to cover one of the doors and a window so that they cold air doesn't invade us anymore.  It will be really nice to not have a lot of cold air coming right into the kitchen and the thermostat.  Yes... that will be nice.

When we got back from grocery shopping I graded for a few hours.  On the plus side, all of the grading it done!  Yay!  So the only thing I have left is to create the final exam and tutor some students.  I'm glad I was able to finish the grading so that I can focus on studying for the next week.  And oh, what studying will happen.

So then Kimmy and I embarked on one of our absolute favorite dates/traditions.  That's right ladies and gentlemen, we had a Fat Date.  Chinese, Little Ceasar's, ice cream, and a movie.  It was so fantastic.  

While we were at the Chinese restaurant we got to witness some truly awesome things.  The first wasn't actually awesome, it was bad.  A lady came in and was VERY upset that the restaurant had gotten her order wrong.  And I just sat there thinking "lady... English isn't any of their first language.  And your problem is petty.  Unless you're allergic to what you got, I think you put on your big girl pants and deal with it."  Sorry.  I've never been able to understand when people get all up in arms over ensuring that their little preferences are met perfectly.  Maybe it's just because I'm too flexible and am fine with most situations in life.  But frankly, a $6 meal is not worth getting bent out of shape.  Some things are worth getting bent out of shape... like the endless wars in Africa.  Yes, please let's get worked up over that.  But our food preferences are trivial.  </rant>

The second thing we saw actually was awesome.  The obligatory young child who was sitting out front doing homework (a requirement for all true Chinese restaurants) made nun-chucks out of some pencils.  It was so fantastic.

When we got back home we ate some of Muncie's finest cuisine and watched Captain America.  It was the best.

And now it's time for bed!  Yay bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment